Info News:
  • C4D Cafe 2.0 COMING SOON!

Sign in to follow this  
CApruzzese

Dog & Weasel - new cartoon series

before The Raven I was slowly workign out some things for another cartoon project and decided on "Dog & Weasel" . I even did a few full renders out from the first script that were dialog free. I am about to set a recording session for 2 short films so it might keep me busy for awhile!. In the first short the dog (Watson - named after my dog) and Weasel (Jon Bellette - bellette is weasel in french) are play fetch when a space lands and a space robot comes out and attacks them.  The second is them fishing to relax on scenic Lake Mess where they meet Messie, the monster of Lake Mess. I am going for a totally different look fro my other projects.  Messie took me only a day to put together instead of the nomral month so maybe I amgettig better at modelling what I need. Maybe. 

robot0001.jpg

scenery 01.jpg

dog&weasel.jpg

• Topic Author
  • Messie

Messie wirframe.jpg

Messie_pose test01.jpg

Looking good.  I look forward to watching them.  That dog and weasel models looks cute.

For fast projects like this URender might be a good option to give a fast render that looks really good.

• Topic Author
  • 3 hours ago, Fastbee said:

Looking good.  I look forward to watching them.  That dog and weasel models looks cute.

For fast projects like this URender might be a good option to give a fast render that looks really good.

I am going to look inot that. As I get more stuff done render times are becoming a problem even though I use team redner with my imac and laptop to cut them down a little, 

• Topic Author
  • 2 hours ago, digitvisions said:

Hi, I like the stylised trees.

Thanks!  I did alot aof playig around to get the soft, almost illustrated look I wanted. 

• Topic Author
  • The spaceship for the first installemnt.

ship takeoff0139.jpg

• Topic Author
  • Got a little farther along. I had a day of voice recording with my voice actor, Mike Luce this week. We did 2 scripts so I'll have stuff to work with for a while now. One thing I can't seem to remember is that when you scale the characters, the hair and fur don't scale with them! It took some time to get them looking right again! 

fetch.jpg

Nice concept! IMO, the weasel should be similar to the dog in scale (or slightly smaller).

• Topic Author
  • 12 minutes ago, Anthony Owen said:

Nice concept! IMO, the weasel should be similar to the dog in scale (or slightly smaller).

If he was, and in real life he certianly would be, I don't think he would read as the dog's owner as much. In my mind he is the "human" in this story. Plus he had to pilot a spaceship later on.  :) The dog is giving me other problems than that though! I used the character object for the rigging and I cna't say I'm liking it at all. it's really hard to move him around without his paws twisting etc. I might re-rig him using cactus dan's tools since we can use them again now.  Also Anthony, thanks for the feedback ! I like the look of the scenery, but it's a longer render than I thought  to get that soft texture! 

Vis-a-vis render times, I'm glad I have a GPU render engine (Octane). The refresh rate allows quicker edits. My old dual Xenon is too slow for animation so I port it to Maya using CD FBX (which he designed for the purpose). Making edits with a much faster view response, I then return to C4D for rendering.

• Topic Author
  • 8 hours ago, Anthony Owen said:

Vis-a-vis render times, I'm glad I have a GPU render engine (Octane). The refresh rate allows quicker edits. My old dual Xenon is too slow for animation so I port it to Maya using CD FBX (which he designed for the purpose). Making edits with a much faster view response, I then return to C4D for rendering.

Not a bad workflow. I think about getting a new render engine, but then my wallet tells me no! Someday. I use my laptop and team render which does help. I just keep making things more and more complicated which is part of the process I'm afraid!