BigAl3D

MAXON Updates Offline

The C4D update section of MAXON's site, as well as, the Updater in the Help menu have been down for several days. I assume I'm not the only one who can't access the updates right? Any insights into this?

• Topic Author
  • If they're going to be offline for a while, anyone have the Mac and Windows updater files saved you can pass along?

• Topic Author
  • Word on the 3D street is that there was a bug in the updater and it was pulled until a fix is made. In my case, one render client was updated, so in order to use this fastest render box, we had to update our systems but could not.

A workaround, if anyone else is on a deadline and needs to update, IF you had already updated at least one seat of C4D like us is to copy the guts of the second C4D app folder and paste it into the directory of the first seat. All the settings and most plugins and browser items now live in the other preferences folder so everything shows up as usual AND you'll get the latest version from the other station.

Hackey, yes. Crude, check. Perhaps even grotesque, but it works.