Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
3D-Pangel

Massive Safe Harbor Sale: C4D R20 Studio

Recommended Posts

I saw this and felt I had to pass it on: Safe Harbor Studios is offering upgrades to R20 Studio at $1695 from any release from R16 to R19 and from any version from Prime to Visualize.  Find out more here:

 

Obviously, this deal is a no brainer for anyone who has R16 Prime and who considered R20 Studio out of reach at $3600+.   Not such a great deal for people who missed out on renewing their R19 Studio MSA, but then Safe Harbor added this sweetener for pretty much everyone: 

wow.thumb.JPG.d2f4add810c96020cc63c6a561c67d7f.JPG

 

Note that you not only get R20 but the next release as well (presumably R21 --- I mean, they wouldn't pull a fast one and give you a maintenance release...would they?  Hmmm....best to check into it if interested).

 

Unfortunately, only for US and Canada ---- and here I was hoping 3D-Kiwi would find a cheap path back into C4D!!!

 

Dave

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Topic Author
  • 1 minute ago, 3D-Pangel said:

    I saw this and felt I had to pass it on: Safe Harbor Studios is offering upgrades to R20 Studio at $1695 from any release from R16 to R19 and from any version from Prime to Visualize.  Find out more here:

     

    Obviously, this deal is a no brainer for anyone who has R16 Prime and who considered R20 Studio out of reach at $3600+.   Not such a great deal for people who missed out on renewing their R19 Studio MSA, but then Safe Harbor added this sweetener for pretty much everyone: 

    wow.thumb.JPG.d2f4add810c96020cc63c6a561c67d7f.JPG

     

    Note that you not only get R20 but the next release as well (presumably R21 --- I mean, they wouldn't pull a fast one and give you a maintenance release...would they?  Hmmm....best to check into it if interested).

     

    Unfortunately, only for US and Canada ---- and here I was hoping 3D-Kiwi would find a cheap path back into C4D!!!

     

    Dave

     

    It just occurred to me that maybe MAXON is using Safeharbor to test out an upgrade policy similar to what Modo has:  all upgrades at the same price.....hmmmm…..

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    My impression is that there are a lot of people who have stopped upgrading because the upgrades do not contain can't live without features.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
  • Topic Author
  • 3 minutes ago, teknow said:

    My impression is that there are a lot of people who have stopped upgrading because the upgrades do not contain can't live without features.

    So does  that impression change with R20?  I know you can't determine that for anyone but yourself -- but what do you think?

     

    For me, OpenVDB is challenging my perception of traditional modeling (hey, it's still all quads right?).  Nodes has power but deep to get into.  Fields blows my mind.  Couple fields with XP-2019 and it is a bit staggering what you can accomplish.  So again (IMHO), R20 almost makes it worth the wait....and it was a long wait.  Now had they thrown in a better symmetry tool...well then....::):

     

    Dave

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    It's in all shops.  I'm on R19 so it would be cheaper for me to upgrade without using this deal at $995.  R18 people would pay this same price anyway.  Only for people with R17 or older would this be a good deal.  Maybe @3DKiwi might be interested.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    On 2/20/2019 at 7:30 PM, Fastbee said:

    It's in all shops.  I'm on R19 so it would be cheaper for me to upgrade without using this deal at $995.  R18 people would pay this same price anyway.  Only for people with R17 or older would this be a good deal.  Maybe @3DKiwi might be interested.

    I doubt I would qualify with my not for resale version of R16. I'm currently running the Beta version of Modo 13 and it's looking really good. I see no reason to come back to Cinema 4D anytime soon.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    43 minutes ago, 3DKiwi said:

     I see no reason to come back to Cinema 4D anytime soon.

    Aww Nige :) We miss you over there on the dark side !

     

    CBR

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    3 hours ago, 3DKiwi said:

    I doubt I would qualify with my not for resale version of R16. I'm currently running the Beta version of Modo 13 and it's looking really good. I see no reason to come back to Cinema 4D anytime soon.

    Maybe it would qualify.  You never know till you try.

    I do understand you not coming back.  C4D has not had a big improvement in a long time.  The biggest new features for me since R16 was FBX import export mostly being fixed, the spline tools, and viewport improvements.  We also got some nice plugins since R16.  It makes me sad thinking of how bad the updates have been for so long.  C4D is being left in the dust vs. everyone else.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    8 hours ago, Fastbee said:

    C4D has not had a big improvement in a long time.

    Cough 'Volume Builder', cough 'Nodal Materials', cough 'Fields'  ? ;) I'd say they were doin' OK !

     

    CBR

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    On 2/23/2019 at 12:47 AM, Cerbera said:

    Cough 'Volume Builder', cough 'Nodal Materials', cough 'Fields'  ? ;) I'd say they were doin' OK !

     

    CBR

    I got volume builder with xparticles, nodal materials with cycles plus filter forge, and fields are cool.  I don't use mograph that much so it's not a must have feature for me which is why it didn't make my biggest new features list.

     

    If MAXON continued on nodal material and made it so we could have parent child relationships and use the output of the nodes for any render engine that would be great.  3rd party render engines always struggle with getting the procedurals to look the same having to bake them out.  If MAXON made it so it was easy to have them just work that would be great.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Join the conversation

    You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

    Guest
    Reply to this topic...

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

    Sign in to follow this  

    • Recently Browsing   0 members

      No registered users viewing this page.

    ×
    ×
    • Create New...