Sign in to follow this  
3D-Pangel

Massive Safe Harbor Sale: C4D R20 Studio

I saw this and felt I had to pass it on: Safe Harbor Studios is offering upgrades to R20 Studio at $1695 from any release from R16 to R19 and from any version from Prime to Visualize.  Find out more here:

Obviously, this deal is a no brainer for anyone who has R16 Prime and who considered R20 Studio out of reach at $3600+.   Not such a great deal for people who missed out on renewing their R19 Studio MSA, but then Safe Harbor added this sweetener for pretty much everyone: 

wow.thumb.JPG.d2f4add810c96020cc63c6a561c67d7f.JPG

Note that you not only get R20 but the next release as well (presumably R21 --- I mean, they wouldn't pull a fast one and give you a maintenance release...would they?  Hmmm....best to check into it if interested).

Unfortunately, only for US and Canada ---- and here I was hoping 3D-Kiwi would find a cheap path back into C4D!!!

Dave

• Topic Author
  • 1 minute ago, 3D-Pangel said:

I saw this and felt I had to pass it on: Safe Harbor Studios is offering upgrades to R20 Studio at $1695 from any release from R16 to R19 and from any version from Prime to Visualize.  Find out more here:

Obviously, this deal is a no brainer for anyone who has R16 Prime and who considered R20 Studio out of reach at $3600+.   Not such a great deal for people who missed out on renewing their R19 Studio MSA, but then Safe Harbor added this sweetener for pretty much everyone: 

wow.thumb.JPG.d2f4add810c96020cc63c6a561c67d7f.JPG

Note that you not only get R20 but the next release as well (presumably R21 --- I mean, they wouldn't pull a fast one and give you a maintenance release...would they?  Hmmm....best to check into it if interested).

Unfortunately, only for US and Canada ---- and here I was hoping 3D-Kiwi would find a cheap path back into C4D!!!

Dave

It just occurred to me that maybe MAXON is using Safeharbor to test out an upgrade policy similar to what Modo has:  all upgrades at the same price.....hmmmm…..

My impression is that there are a lot of people who have stopped upgrading because the upgrades do not contain can't live without features.

• Topic Author
  • 3 minutes ago, teknow said:

My impression is that there are a lot of people who have stopped upgrading because the upgrades do not contain can't live without features.

So does  that impression change with R20?  I know you can't determine that for anyone but yourself -- but what do you think?

For me, OpenVDB is challenging my perception of traditional modeling (hey, it's still all quads right?).  Nodes has power but deep to get into.  Fields blows my mind.  Couple fields with XP-2019 and it is a bit staggering what you can accomplish.  So again (IMHO), R20 almost makes it worth the wait....and it was a long wait.  Now had they thrown in a better symmetry tool...well then....::):

Dave

It's in all shops.  I'm on R19 so it would be cheaper for me to upgrade without using this deal at $995.  R18 people would pay this same price anyway.  Only for people with R17 or older would this be a good deal.  Maybe @3DKiwi might be interested.

On 2/20/2019 at 7:30 PM, Fastbee said:

It's in all shops.  I'm on R19 so it would be cheaper for me to upgrade without using this deal at $995.  R18 people would pay this same price anyway.  Only for people with R17 or older would this be a good deal.  Maybe @3DKiwi might be interested.

I doubt I would qualify with my not for resale version of R16. I'm currently running the Beta version of Modo 13 and it's looking really good. I see no reason to come back to Cinema 4D anytime soon.

43 minutes ago, 3DKiwi said:

I see no reason to come back to Cinema 4D anytime soon.

Aww Nige :) We miss you over there on the dark side !

CBR

3 hours ago, 3DKiwi said:

I doubt I would qualify with my not for resale version of R16. I'm currently running the Beta version of Modo 13 and it's looking really good. I see no reason to come back to Cinema 4D anytime soon.

Maybe it would qualify.  You never know till you try.

I do understand you not coming back.  C4D has not had a big improvement in a long time.  The biggest new features for me since R16 was FBX import export mostly being fixed, the spline tools, and viewport improvements.  We also got some nice plugins since R16.  It makes me sad thinking of how bad the updates have been for so long.  C4D is being left in the dust vs. everyone else.

8 hours ago, Fastbee said:

C4D has not had a big improvement in a long time.

Cough 'Volume Builder', cough 'Nodal Materials', cough 'Fields'  ? ;) I'd say they were doin' OK !

CBR

On 2/23/2019 at 12:47 AM, Cerbera said:

Cough 'Volume Builder', cough 'Nodal Materials', cough 'Fields'  ? ;) I'd say they were doin' OK !

CBR

I got volume builder with xparticles, nodal materials with cycles plus filter forge, and fields are cool.  I don't use mograph that much so it's not a must have feature for me which is why it didn't make my biggest new features list.

If MAXON continued on nodal material and made it so we could have parent child relationships and use the output of the nodes for any render engine that would be great.  3rd party render engines always struggle with getting the procedurals to look the same having to bake them out.  If MAXON made it so it was easy to have them just work that would be great.