Sign in to follow this  
3D-Pangel

Massive Safe Harbor Sale: C4D R20 Studio

I don't think you get how powerful fields are. Fields are useful for so much more than mograph! You can use them for modeling! For example:

They can drive deformers, vertex maps, vertex color maps, selection tags, textures, X-Particles, and lots more! Heck, you can even generate geometry with them in the OpenVDB mesher!

Wow, @Greatszalam!

That is wow...!

I must exercice that right now!

Thanks.

João Marco

Edit: I've took a ride to your Vimeo and I've found that you are doing that in the last 5 years... Man, that is great.

When I think that maybe I'm starting to understand C4D... Damn! You are living 5 years in the future!

I'm debating whether or not to take advantage of this deal. I have Broadcast R18 and am a hobbyist but looking to get back into freelancing. I'm really interested in Sketch and Toon. I'm playing with Cycles4D because I've seen some nice toon shading over in some of the blender forums (BTW, Blender 2.8 looks interesting but for a variety of reasons I just really like C4D). I just gotta get my head around Cycles. I wouldn't mind the extra sculpting, character animation, and simulation tools Studio has to offer. Thing is, once you move to Studio the future upgrade cost can be steep.

One option I was thinking of was upgrading my Broadcast license to R20 during the few weeks before R21 comes out so I get a "free" upgrade to that  version (a sales rep said that could be done).  That's around $895. Then I'd get X-particles for the simulation side. Together its around the same price, but I'm not locked into high upgrade cost.

Any thoughts?