Sign in to follow this  
Megafern

MSA question with R20 upgrade offer

Hi all,

I have been using R15 Broadcast and just got the $1695 R20 Studio upgrade offer - it's too good to pass up for such a big jump. But I'm not clear on how the seats work. With my R15 Broadcast I was able to install on my desktop and laptop and use them non-concurrently. Never had the MSA.

It sounds like now the MSA is required for this option? If this is true and I don't renew the MSA in a year do I lose the ability to use R20 on both computers non-concurrently?

Thanks!

You´re not allowed to install on 2 computers in case you have not MSA. (if remember correctly and nothing changed)

With just single licence without MSA you are allowed to install only on single one computer. (or if you want to use single licence on more computers, you can install on USB flashdisc and use it on more computers with attached this UBS disc (not copied/installed on every used computer))

Except of this benefit of MSA (installations on 2 computers (but not used concurrently)) has MSA few more (Cineversity access for a year and lower upgrade price for new version)

• Like 1

• Topic Author
  • Heard back from MAXON support - this is what they say:

"As I understand it the MSA modifies the EULA of your software so that it can be used on two machine; this is not tied to a subscription, it's simply added to your software when you purchase.
    So the short story is the functionality is always part of that license. "

Soooo - it sounds like once the software is purchased with the MSA you are good to use on 2 machines non-concurrently even if you don't renew MSA....?

Maybe there are some changes in MSA of these days, but from what I know (and there was here for a long years), second installation was allowed only for MSA users.

Maybe Srek, Hrvoje or Rick can this clarify more...