Sign in to follow this  
Simmy

New Animation Project - its been a while

I really haven't done much with C4D in a long time apart from make small things to print. I am missing the big projects so I have decided to dive back in. I realised how rusty I am with everything character related and that my previous methods would just not cut it. So, its back to tutorials and new better techniques.

This animations theme is all about anxiety and general understanding of metal health and a story is loosely set surrounding a poem written by a good friend of mine. I found a tutorial series on YouTube which was perfect to capture the style I wanted so although it was in Maya and in a language I didn't understand I could follow along enough to start my main character. There is still much to do and things to change but I wanted to share my progress here as I haven't done that for quite some time.

I also watched some great tutorials on the hair tools and using splines to get the shape you want and it worked a treat. Its early days but I am excited to be using C4D and pushing myself again. it cost too much not to use it properly.

I welcome any crits but please bear in mind I have only just started and nothing is final.

gem_char_new_new_0001.thumb.jpg.f1d722272c88c728e9e3bd947b63dad2.jpggem_char_new_new_0002.thumb.jpg.bc1453eacb7ed30263fc3178f779fa29.jpggem_char_new_new_0003.thumb.jpg.40a66c43142db7ffb23cfc805dd214c1.jpggem_char_new_new_0004.thumb.jpg.39141b884b204da51e6197d940c09536.jpggem_char_new_new_0006.thumb.jpg.d6316b065166af188d65a347d20b942c.jpggem_char_new_new_0008.thumb.jpg.6cde4c63bef4a2ac768c855f139060af.jpg

Looking really good.  It remindes me of Vanellope from Wreck it Ralph.

Nice work, I like the style and textures. It's also a very current and important story subject.

For critics we will need to see the wire frames. Good luck.

• Topic Author
  • 5 hours ago, Fastbee said:

Looking really good.  It remindes me of Vanellope from Wreck it Ralph.

Thanks. She was actually the subject of the Maya tutorial. 

6 minutes ago, digitvisions said:

Nice work, I like the style and textures. It's also a very current and important story subject.

For critics we will need to see the wire frames. Good luck.

Thank You. And yes wires will be coming. I do need to retop the head as the loops aren't actually as good as they could be right now. 

Nice work!  I actually like the poly hair better than the "Hair" hair.  A lot of kids' shows with characters like this that I've seen don't have actual hair- just sculpted mesh in the shape of hair.  It's a nice stylized look and I'm sure simplifies production.