Sign in to follow this  
jmarco

About Noises - Workbook

Hello, you all!

Noises are not easy to understand at first sight. Al least, no for me. I needed to train that. I've done hundreds of exercices and now I think I can speak maybe a little of this noisy language, voices of an infinite world.

After some work, nothing was the same, again. Noises are 3D artists best friends for modeling, for texture, for animating, for every level, even for pleasure - I can watch them for hours.

I've learned for free and for hours, for years, in this chair. Watching videos in youtube, in cineversity, in vimeo. Now I want to share my workbook with you all. More than 600 pages - I could not believe it!! - with CINEMA 4D renderings, about possibilities, about learning how to see, to understand all of them.

Just follow this link that will redirect you to a simple site I've done in sites. The file is on Google Drive, no email required.

Hope you like it!

If so, please let me know. Thanks a lot.

João Marco

Joao, considering that your average PHD dissertation paper is rarely above 200 pages, that was a lot of work! The book is well presented and meticulously put together. Thank you for sharing this methodical labor of love.

• Topic Author
  • Thanks, VHelix.

I'm glad you like it. I hope many can use it. Thanks for your great feedback.
    Cheers.

JMarco

My god... what a brilliant idea, only superseded by the execution. You should do this sort of thing for a living ! Thank you, with a Capital T !! :boom:

CBR

• Topic Author
  • Hello, Cerbera.

Thanks for your kind words. Well, I wish I could. :-) But, hey, who knows?

I think noises deserve a whole new world. :-)

Thanks for my first point... ;-)

João Marco

How really great collection. That's a handy reference that should really be available as a wallpaper for the office :D This must have been so much work and I really appreciate that you are sharing this with everyone. The only thing that I am missing are some examples of overlayed noises. Combining the different noise types opens up a whole new world of possibilities.

Here is an example of what I mean: 

Marc "Renderbaron" Potocnik is a true master of noise witchcraft! :)

• Topic Author
  • Hello, Havealot.

Thanks for your words. Noises should be known.

Yes, I know Potocnik's super work. My workbook, although,  is only about simple noises, as I say in the introduction, somewhere. Layering is an infinite job.

Using one noise:

32x20 possibilities= 600 pages. 

Using two noises in some kind of combination:

32x32x20 possibilities = 20 480 pages

Three noises...

32x32x32x20 possibilities = 655 360 pages....

And that was never enough... If you take a deep look at that video you post - as you have for sure -, you will notice how many layers made that Mountain.

Simple noises lets you start thinking about that ingredient alone... Then it's up to you to decide which cake would you cook.

Maybe I'll present some kind of combination in the future, as in my workbook frontpage - made only with noises. But, for each combination I present there is an infinite number hidden in the shadows.

João Marco

Thank you SO much for your beautifully done book! Incredibly generous of you. Can't wait to curl up with it and increase my creative skills! Noises can be so beautiful.

• Topic Author
  • Thanks, TekHow. I really apreciate your words.
    Yes, please: use it!
    A new world is waiting for us all.

João Marco

That is quite a work - which I'm sure will be very useful! Thank you!

• Topic Author
  • Welcome and thanks, Mike.

Sharing is the best.

Cheers.

João Marco

I've been through all of it now, and it really is a winner. Now you can just think to yourself 'What sort of surface do I need?' scroll through the doc until you find it, and there's the type and the settings right there - brilliant :)

CBR