Sign in to follow this  
jmarco

What about some explosions?

3 minutes ago, jmarco said:

You got several points there, Mike. I must agree with you in all those aspects.

XP could be included in C4D. We all win with that. I bet one in one hundred C4D users have XP. If so, for 100 users XP cost only 6 euros more in a C4D rent, upgrade or buy.

That was a really good way to put things... but I'll bet I am forget something in my math...

Cheers.

João Marco

I'm willing to bet a LOT more than 1% of C4D users have XP!  I'd be curious to know the real number, but I'd guess at least 10%.  It's one of the most popular C4D plugins.

• Topic Author
  • @natevplas

Yes, I'll agree with that. 10% - 60 euros more in a 3500 euros universe is not a big problem.

But, talking about prices, maybe MAXON could made a subscription as SideFX does. Not all of us here, are making lots of money with C4D. Indie version is $399 USD if revenue under $100K USD for a two years rental.

I've send a mail asking for something like that in last July. Well, now I've got a better educational license. It's a fine step in a better direction.

Cheers.

João Marco

The only reason Xparticles exist is because MAXON is ignoring liquids, fluids, cloth and particles for over a decade now as they do with BP and uvw Tools. For the price of 3570 Euro C4D is currently way overpriced because it only has half the tools of Maya for example which has working tools like ncloth, Effects, particles and a new UV suite implemented. Even Blender is better in all those areas.

It is not even funny anymore.

• Topic Author
  • I agree. I like c4d for its simplicity. But it starts to Stay behind competition in features and in price politics.

It's urgent for MAXON to listen.

João Marco

Houdini just had presentation for what is in 17.5 has some really great things for a .5 update. PDG - Procedural Dependency Graph which in a nutshell parallels, among other things simulations and physics, into one CPU cycle - work flow and pipeline efficiency.  MAXON better start stepping up its game to keep in the eye of FX houses.

• Topic Author
  • Hello, @bobc4d.

Well.. I didn't bring H17,5 to this forum, but that's right. Houdini is a fantastic software, with some problems at artist level, but they are working on that too.

If topology and UI become more friendly I think most of c4d users will start to learn it. It's too much techology in one program, in the positive way.

I've watched the SIDEFX fantastic apresentation, almost as a surprise. So many good news. I wish MAXON could awake up sooner than later.

H18 will be even better. In October we will see that, for sure.

Cheers.

João Marco

I hope that MAXON starts working more on VFX or I will have to change to Houdini.

• Topic Author
  • @mcdeimon

Hola, iberian. :-)

Yes, Houdini, must be learned right now if you want to explode something.

I it must be C4D's next step. Or they will lose some artists to SideFx I'm sure of that. Blender starts to grow in quality and simplicity, too.

C4D are the best software to learn and to achieve great result fast and simple. But Those SideFX guys are not joking. They will capture lots of VFX artists for sure.

Cheers.

João Marco