Sign in to follow this  
jmarco

What about some explosions?

Hello, you all.

I have a simple question. :-)

Is there a possiblity, even if small, to get fluids, smoke, fire, volumes in general in Cinema 4D sooner than later? That should blow up 3D community... Cinema is an example in how easy is to think 3D. I guess you guys already thought about it, of course.  This is not an if question, but when should we all play with explosion as a mograph object? Can we have a clue?

:-)

Cheers.

João Marco

I assume you're submitting a feature request for creating smoke/fire and other fluid volume effects shipped with C4D?  Because there are a couple options for plugins if you need this in Cinema now:
Turbulence FD

X-Particles

If you are making a feature request, I suggest going to MAXON's site for that.  There are certainly Cinema developers on this forum, but no guarantee they'll see this.

• Topic Author
  • I was talking within my brain... how could that escape...?! :-)

Hello, Nate. Hey, who knows. Maybe someone read it and make us a surprise. I'm aware of those plugins.

Just a dream, then.

Thanks. :-)

João Marco

I dream of this becoming a reality every day myself :)

As xparticles exists I'd say this kind of a thing is really low on MAXONs priority list.  If I was them I'd fix a lot of things other than this.

In addition they have the Houdini bridge which is them basically saying to me use houdini if you want something to blow up.

• Topic Author
  • Hello, @Fastbee.

Yes, we all know that. But XP are more than 600 euros away... and Houdini - which I like a lot - is no so easy as CINEMA, although is always good to learn.

That said, C4D with those new things more would be a winner - bigger, better and simplier.

I understand your words, but if you take a closer look, motion graphics artists will be more than happy.  A new dimension would arise.

It's just dreaming, but, hey, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? :-)

Cheers.

João Marco

42 minutes ago, jmarco said:

Yes, we all know that. But XP are more than 600 euros away... and Houdini - which I like a lot - is no so easy as CINEMA, although is always good to learn.

Now you are just being lazy.

• Topic Author
  • Not me. :-) I love Houdini stuff!

On 2/25/2019 at 10:04 AM, jmarco said:

Hello, you all.

I have a simple question. :-)

Is there a possiblity, even if small, to get fluids, smoke, fire, volumes in general in Cinema 4D sooner than later? That should blow up 3D community... Cinema is an example in how easy is to think 3D. I guess you guys already thought about it, of course.  This is not an if question, but when should we all play with explosion as a mograph object? Can we have a clue?

:-)

Cheers.

João Marco

C4D does have Pyrocluster, which works off of thinking particles. So you can do something of what you want with it. I remmeber when it came out it seemed pretty amazing but it's prtty awful expecially compared to the plugins we have now. 

• Topic Author
  • Hello, Vincent. :-)

Yes, I've made tests with TP and they're good to exercice your brain. But you need to mount a castle in Xpresso, although results are nice, their realism are nowhere near Vue's or Houdini's.

And plugins... well plugins can be expensive.

Cheers.

Great Dog & Weasel, by the way. Keep it rollin', @CApruzzese

João Marco

With some niche plugins and other features you'd like to see in C4D I'd say "be careful what you wish for".

If MAXON were to add explosions/fluids/etc they'd probably be pretty good and have some nice features and integration...but likely not really be as advanced like the current 3rd party options. And then the third-party options would die off or never be created in the first place because the feature was already in C4D so far fewer people would potentially buy their product. And when MAXON does add some big new feature they seem to just leave it as it was first released for years or decades (BodyPaint), with only minor incremental changes. So, we'd soon have an out-of-date explosion/fluid system and no third-party options. This would hurt C4D in the long run...really bad.

As for cost of XP/etc...yes $600 (or whatever) is a big investment. But if you are a professional you need to invest in your business, and should be able to offset the costs of running your business with the work you can do because of the investment (that is how business works). I have a landscaper friend who laughs at how cheap our business is to run compared to what we can earn. He just needed to buy a new Bobcat - he bought a 10-year-old Bobcat for $14,000 that will take him years to pay off. You could easily pay off XP in a single job.

If you need explosions consider XP - their team works really hard to make a great product that adds major capabilities to C4D that allows alot of other people to earn more money.

• Topic Author
  • You got several points there, Mike. I must agree with you in all those aspects.

XP could be included in C4D. We all win with that. I bet one in one hundred C4D users have XP. If so, for 100 users XP cost only 6 euros more in a C4D rent, upgrade or buy.

That was a really good way to put things... but I'll bet I am forget something in my math...

Cheers, @mikeh

João Marco