Caustics save solution not working

I'm working with caustics and trying the "Save Solution" option:

chrome_2019-02-28_19-21-50.thumb.png.12c29fa38d01d7119ed3f238ead4cf1e.png

After rendering once, when I change the "Recompute" option to "Never" it can't find the file:

450396132_CINEMA4D_2019-02-28_19-12-08.png.4f7464eba057e4591a67b8dfd3473ea7.png

Apparently it's supposed to save the data in a folder labeled "illum" in the project folder, but there's nothing there. I'm running R19.053, I'm wondering if I'm missing something or if it's just a bug with my version.

Hello, Ninja. That's a funny name. :-)

Are you sure you have paths correctly organized? I've tried and it works.

Maybe you should do a test with just a sphere in a different folder to see if that is a bug or a miss.

Cheers.

João Marco

I figured it out! You have to have the 'Save' option checked before it will save illumination information:

http://www.jordanmontreuil.com/blog/2010/7/28/cinema-4d-global-illumination-ir-cache-trick.html

It wasn't until I noticed I wasn't able to save irradiance cache either and looked that up and realized it was all connected. Only took me 3 days to figure it out :/

Well. Sometimes... simples things are the complex ones...

In my test all was checked at start.

Did you make a new scene to test it out? Maybe that was part of the answer...

Thanks for sharing the solution for your problem. It will help someone, someday...

Cheers.

João Marco