MaorBar

Working with Vray matterials in C4D

Working with R20+Vray3.6

Only worked with Vray with sketchup, apparently it's quite different...

1. When trying to render via Vray, the C4D textures won't render (getting an all-white model). Can Vray render C4D textures? How?

2. How do I make my own Vray materials? Or download materials to be used with C4D?

Hi

You must use a Vray Material from the Vray material list.  The two main ones are Advanced and Standard.  When you load textures in a Vray material you should use a Advbitmap shader this will keep it compatible with DR and Vray including when you load a HDR map.  You can use C4D procedurals within a Vray material but a C4D material wont render.  Vray has a material  convertor in the Vray bridge/commands menu this converts C4D materials to Vray compatible ones.

As for making your own use either the Advanced material or Standard.  Within these your find most attributes for most surfaces.  There is some other special materials provided such as hair, and 3 different types of SSS materials, car paint, and displacement as well as a blend material.   There are a few others too.

If you do a google search for Vray4C4D materials your find material packs.  If you need further help let me know, maybe I can make a quick start video for you.  It sounds like your new to Vray4C4D yet Vray4C4D 3.6 is not for sale anymore, how did you end you end up getting Vray?

Dan

• Like 1

Thanks for the detailed answer - I'm having fun now :)

*tried to send you an answer in PM but it says you can't accept it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MaorBar said:

Thanks for the detailed answer - I'm having fun now :)

*tried to send you an answer in PM but it says you can't accept it.

Maybe my inbox is full or the changes to site update has done somethng.

Dan