• “Great art picks up where nature ends.”  Marc Chagall 

Sign in to follow this  
MJV

Will work for free

Glad to hear that! I guess he must make pretty stunning work.

I have to go with Joao on this one. But regarding being creative,  please know that you're most welcomed to join our Steampunk project if the idea sounds appealing to you

Looking at your website, you have renders which seems like your personal projects you did out of interest, not for client

Some characters.. do you know how to rig them and animated them?

Your archviz renders are not what majority studios would be ok with.

If I were an employer looking at your portfolio, I would have doubts... can this person do the job I request in given timeframe?

Personally I take archviz jobs and product visualization and I never had a day off.

FVFX - 3D modelling | Shading | Lighting | Compositing

id also add that your site looks quite dated, updating this to a more modern, cleaner layout would present your work far better

I looked at your website, and couple friendly suggestions:

- Let your focus be on quality, not quantity. You have 60 render images in 3D Modeling section, but many of them are not on professional level, or some level which might get potential clients interested. It's better to have 15-20 high quality render images then bunch of low-med quality ones. For example, noise on some images is very visible, backplate images are very low resolution and quality, and overall look of most render images is more plastic fake look, simply not good enough to be considered for some professional paid work. In interior shots, you have overexposed lights/burnouts on walls and surfaces, here you should use color/tone mapping. Overall, materials/textures are not quite correct (interior wooden floor is to reflective, looks more like water, and on some places bump is to aggressive). That grass bellow ball looks very fake, here you can use some grass photo and do compositing work, for example. Be careful with object proportions, always try to make things/objects in their real life dimensions, and proportional to each other. Color correction, post work, this is also very important for final look.

Don't know how many years of experience in 3D you have, seems that your 3d modeling skills are quite good, but texturing,lighting/shading,rendering,animation, are areas where you need improvements. Learn about materials and their characteristics, shaders, light behaviour and shadows, how camera works (depth of field, motion blur, ISO, white balance, F-stop, vignette, and other things)...

- About your website, looks quite outdated and strange, try to find someone who can make your website more modern and attractive look. Or use some online free template services like wix, sitebuilder, weebly, and similar. Your work is important, but also the way how it's presented.

Cheers, Danijel

http://www.uniart3d.com/

Believe me, once you find regular clientele, you don 't have to worry about your website so much. They will contact you with new projects, old site or not...

FVFX - 3D modelling | Shading | Lighting | Compositing

same here

gave up LOOONG time ago because I realised that I'm useless with 3d stuff

now hobby only

On 3/2/2019 at 12:23 AM, MJV said:

Hi ladies and gents. I am pretty good with Cinema 4D, but I can't find anyone to even pay me minimum wage for my skills, even though I live and work in Manhattan, New York.  Anyway, I like working so I am offering to work for free, as long as I can use whatever I produce for you in my reel. If you have an interesting job which you want done for free, hit me up. 

Michael Vance

www.mvpny.com

just had a look at your website

you definitely do need to amp-up your website because it's very hard for someone to grasp your skill

if an agent is visiting your site they close it down on the intro page

give it try there

https://www.cgtrader.com/freelance-with-us

or browse freelance projects

https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-modeling-jobs/browse

I have no idea but maybe worth a look (?)

upload your stuff there, too, so folks get to see your work and no costs running a website

ps. 

my intention is not to promote any commercial website as I'm not affiliated with any website at all but to help you find work

good luck

you deserve it

anyone deserves it

If you really would like to work on a project for free I have a MMD like project I was working on in my spare time completely for my own entertainment and practice.  PM me if you are interested.  You would totally be able to use the final result however you like.

If you are unfamiliar with MMD here is a video.

I'm making something like this in C4D, but high quality, more like a real music video style, and I'm going to render it out really nice.

you have some modelling skills, but its hard to just sell them, since there are so many stock model sites and if you just offer modelling, it's not a very well paying job. It's good that you have animation skills, but you need to work on making your stuff look more modern. Check out instagram, look for the #cinema4d tag here: https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/cinema4d/

also checkout this guy, does some really nice stuff. 

https://www.instagram.com/yambostudio/

And as others said, that website really needs an refresh. that front page will be the last page anyone looks at. That kind of menu has a very dated feel to it. Since you have the time i reccomend figuring out wordpress and a theme like enfold. 

I've actually been thinking of starting a tutorial series of helping people make nicer looking renders. If you are interested, send me a pm and we can talk. 

also your website doesn't have your contact information.