Sign in to follow this  
ottie

Tissue Fat

Posted (edited)

Hello, i´d like to model the fat tissu like these two references.

I tried to make it with a atome array but it makes it too regular.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks a lot

adopocito_tissu.jpg

adopocito_tissu2.jpg

Edited by Cerbera
Accurate Titling

I would do that using alpha / textures I think, applied to a soft body (or cloth) plane that I would drop on top of the spheres and configure so that it settles nicely over them.

You are going to need colour and alpha maps which you can make in Photoshop etc, and probably a 3rd map you would drop into the transparency channel to make the center bit looks like clear plastic whilst retaining the opaque borders.

CBR

If you have access to R20 then just draw the a bunch of splines with snapping enabled, throw them into a volume build and mesh the volume. 

1 hour ago, Havealot said:

If you have access to R20 then just draw the a bunch of splines with snapping enabled, throw them into a volume build and mesh the volume. 

No disrespect my friend, but that ain't gonna work ;) AFAIK the volume builder cannot build flat geo out of splines. Were you to try and flatten it afterwards you'd have coincident surfaces and by extension, render errors, or at least a hell of a lot of 'sorting out' time to rescue it...

However, it might be useful in the first place to make the network of 'stuff' he could use as the basis for his images, where depth isn't important.

The smoothing deformer could be particularly useful in turning VB splines into that sort of shape.

CBR

On 3/6/2019 at 4:51 PM, Cerbera said:

No disrespect my friend, but that ain't gonna work ;) AFAIK the volume builder cannot build flat geo out of splines. Were you to try and flatten it afterwards you'd have coincident surfaces and by extension, render errors, or at least a hell of a lot of 'sorting out' time to rescue it...

However, it might be useful in the first place to make the network of 'stuff' he could use as the basis for his images, where depth isn't important.

The smoothing deformer could be particularly useful in turning VB splines into that sort of shape.

CBR

Why does it have to be flat? And if you are worried about intersections you can always throw the orange blobs into the volume builder and subtract them from what ever is created from the splines. Also you can use a random field to mask a reshape filter to create some thickness variation in the transparent goo. Something like this: 

Bildschirmfoto 2019-03-19 um 11.05.25.png

No, I wasn't concerned about intersection with the spheres - I meant the intersection you'd get if you try and flatten a cylindrical volume builder mesh which will make it intersect with itself. So fair enough - I hear what you're saying, but at the end of the day, I just don't think that looks like much like the reference ! Parts of it seems to have some thickness, but in other areas (most notably on the left hand side) the meshing looks totally flat to me and I was just pointing out that the VB cannot give that result.

CBR

On 3/6/2019 at 9:53 AM, Cerbera said:

I would do that using alpha / textures I think, applied to a soft body (or cloth) plane that I would drop on top of the spheres and configure so that it settles nicely over them.

You are going to need colour and alpha maps which you can make in Photoshop etc, and probably a 3rd map you would drop into the transparency channel to make the center bit looks like clear plastic whilst retaining the opaque borders.

CBR

The above makes sense to me for the connective stuff over the spheres, great idea.  I'll definitely keep it in the bank.

Maybe something like the attached would work for you to get the shape of the fat cell tissue.  In this I used a Displacer set to noise to get a faux soft body look.  A real soft body sim would be better if your machine can handle it but this is way lower rent and might not matter to you.   You could bake it (make editable) and then run the sim @Cerbera suggested over top.

Fat Cells.c4d