This is my recent personal project, thank you very much my good friend @chuanzhen for providing plugins and a lot of knowledge about rig

rig demo

About plugins: @chuanzhen

e-mail:faxwang123@gmail.com 

Twitter:https //twitter.com/chuanzhen187

You can download the scene file here:

Toy Rig 1.0:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ecKQ-1Ui7xdN7qLB1z9mbXvic4Gghimo/view?usp=sharing

awesome, gonna give it a whirl later this evening, really curious how you managed to solve some things there. 

• Topic Author
  • 57 minutes ago, everfresh said:

awesome, gonna give it a whirl later this evening, really curious how you managed to solve some things there. 

Are you talking about the setting of your finger? (I don't think I'm perfect., because in the Euler angle rotation order, each angle will affect other angles, so there will be interference information, we must switch the(Gimballing Rotation) to get the correct value  )
    Unfortunately, I can't get the correct result in the Euler rotation sequence.:(

Thanks a lot for sharing this! So much control. Do you plan to make some sort of tutorial to help binding our own character?

1 hour ago, kangddan said:

Are you talking about the setting of your finger? (I don't think I'm perfect., because in the Euler angle rotation order, each angle will affect other angles, so there will be interference information, we must switch the(Gimballing Rotation) to get the correct value  )
    Unfortunately, I can't get the correct result in the Euler rotation sequence.:(

no, i was just talking how you managed to solve certain things in general...

one question: is there a way to control the direction of the limb bends? https://gyazo.com/38640ee667620c20f8e18135a663e122

ps: so much control certainly comes at a price. 10 fps viewport performance is quite slow for an unsubdivided character...

7 minutes ago, Bolos said:

Thanks a lot for sharing this! So much control. Do you plan to make some sort of tutorial to help binding our own character?

to be able to modify this to make it fit to your own character you'd have to understand everything about it. so that tutorial would be probably a week long or so....

unless @kangddan makes it a character object preset ;)

Ahah sh**! That's what I was kind of thinking when unfolding all parts, was naive I guess.

Awesome job! So many controllers and so much control! D= 

How long did it take you to rig all this?

• Topic Author
  • 57 minutes ago, everfresh said:

no, i was just talking how you managed to solve certain things in general...

one question: is there a way to control the direction of the limb bends? https://gyazo.com/38640ee667620c20f8e18135a663e122

ps: so much control certainly comes at a price. 10 fps viewport performance is quite slow for an unsubdivided character...

GTX 1080ti average FPS is 10-20
    I found that C4D doesn't have any effect on optimizing acceleration. When I use Maya Toy Rig in Maya, he doesn't calculate the overall data. It only calculates the data that our real-time drag controller needs to calculate, So it will be very fast unless we move the overall contro :(

Regarding the direction, I know what you mean, you can try to use FK. He won't have any distortion problems, because the problem of IK pole will cause the direction of our arms to be distorted.

• Topic Author
  • 1 hour ago, Bolos said:

Hey Bolos 

I spent about 300 hours on C4D Toy Rig

• Topic Author
  • 12 minutes ago, kingcoma said:

Awesome job! So many controllers and so much control! D= 

How long did it take you to rig all this?

I have used it for about 300 hours :)

This is fantastic! I have been following ToyRig for some time and was completely shocked when I came across this topic today. You've done a wonderful job, and the plug in works in R21 (that did not expect either, given how long ago  you made the original post.)

I want to echo what everfresh wrote and encourage you to make a character template for this rig. I bet some at MAXON would even offer some help and encouragement!