I'm going to try and work through a model of a bull ant.  It's somewhat detailed, needs a variety of textures and some grooming.  If anyone wants to work through this too, consider yourself challenged ;)

There are a lot of great reference photos here : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myrmecia_(ant)

And amazing insect anatomy reference here which is gold if you like modeling insects like I do : http://www.entomologa.ru/chapter/2.htm

There's also this great video of a Bull Ant colony for more reference here :

WIP's Here

Casent0914035_p_1_high.jpg

• Like 1

Excellent plan, and Cinema should help you do a great job on this :)

Not sure if I have the time myself to model something quite that time-consuming, but I'll certainly watch your progress with great interest...

But having said that, for a very long time I've fancied modelling an Executioner Wasp (or one of the Jewel Vespids) - your project might kick-start me into doing that, so if it does, cheers !!

Enjoy ! :)

CBR

• Topic Author
  • 2 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Excellent plan, and Cinema should help you do a great job on this :)

Not sure if I have free time myself to try something that quite that time-consuming, but I'll certainly watch your progress with great interest...

Enjoy ! :)

CBR

Thanks, it'll be fun.  I'm starting this up while I have time in between jobs.  I'm sure there will be a lot to learn  from this one.