reason808

Add lots of set-driven keys faster?

Hello I'm trying to create about 30 set driven keys without time-consuming right-clicking.  (See attached images)
I'm trying to connect two very long lists of identical pose morphs that were auto-generated by the Mixamo auto-rigger. 

Body Geometry on the left, Eyelash Geometry on the right.  Identical pose morph lists inside each pose morph tag. 

I'd like to be able to select and then drag a specific pose slider into an Xpresso node and have it show up in the input or output ports. 

The only way I can see how to do this is to right click on the input or output port.  This involves a lot of manual sub-menu navigation. 
Is there a drag and drop option that could speed this up?  Something similar? Or is it only possible with custom scripting? 
I remember seeing a trick for this in a video tutorial, but it was shown in an offhand way. 

Cheers,

RightClickSubMenu.thumb.PNG.e4ecb8962d1b3dfd32e5a22293a34422.PNGSetup.thumb.PNG.23a0c643e9ce623d7497f196964c6bde.PNG

• Topic Author
  • Update.  I realized I made a small error in my example file with the same pose morph tag shown. 
    Here is the corrected version.  Same idea. 

Setup Corrected.PNG

I don't use pose morph or set driver, but as I understand SD it just makes an XPresso tag with a range mapper with 1 to 1 correspondence. So my guess is to make an XP window, drag each pose tag in, for the driver pose drag the sliders to the RHS to make a port and ditto LHS of the driven pose. Then connect with wires. If both are 0-100% there shouldn't be a problem and a rangemapper won't be required.

pose.png.79b951f8859dfea8aae861289230b380.png

[ RHS of node is output, LHS is input ]

might work...

• Like 1

• Topic Author
  • 1 hour ago, jed said:

drag the sliders to the RHS to make a port and ditto LHS of the driven pose

Thanks for the suggestion.  However, I'm unable to drag the sliders into the Xpresso node. 
    Also, what do you mean by RHS & LHS?   Right hand and Left hand sliders? 

3 minutes ago, reason808 said:

Also, what do you mean by RHS & LHS?   Right hand and Left hand sliders? 

No, he means left and right sides of the Xpresso Nodes.

You don't drag the sliders into Xpresso directly. You drag the Parent Object in, and then expose the User Data (the sliders) as ports on the output side (RHS) of the node.

CBR

• Like 1

• Topic Author
  • Awesome!  That solved it.  I wasn't dragging to the LHS & RHS.  Very subtle feature.  I still have to drag them one by one, but much faster than right click navigation. 
    I added a screen cap of how to do this, in case somebody runs into this problem in the future.  How_to_drag.thumb.png.0b60a906e8da5d9c7342aa9761f2e08f.png

Apologies for my vague instructions - it was kinda late

Dragging a field onto a node works for any node, and is quicker and more accurate than going through submenus - where items often have similar names

drag.png.2f935c64e63b58d279fee0457febebb3.png