• “Great art picks up where nature ends.”  Marc Chagall 

Sign in to follow this  
Hrvoje

Cafe ads free experience

Cafe Ad free experience  

12 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Dear members, since we provide massive amount of free content on Cafe and Youtube, we are now also investigating the possibility of symbolic optional fee to provide ads free experience with benefit of supporting Cafe

• I would be ok with optional symbolic monthly fee not to see ads as premium member and supporter
    • I am ok with ads, they don't bother me or I don't care

Dear members, please take some of your valuable time to vote and respond with your thoughts on this matter

Thank you!

Free C4D trainings from MAXON professional on our youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/c4dcafe

Ads don't bother me much, but if this also helps Cafe I am more than willing. What price are we talkin about?

• Topic Author
  • It would be something like 4-5€ per month. We feel that is quite modest

I have been a Gold Support member for a long time. Just noticed I don't longer seem to carry the Gold Support tag. Which means it probably ran out. Haven't received a notification to renew, or anything similar.

Still, as far as I remember, being a Gold Support member I still had ads popping up on every page, and between the first and seconds posts of each thread.

As such, I am wondering, before renewing my membership, what would Gold Support entitle in the sense of ads free experience? Or would it mean an additional fee would be required on top of the Gold Support purchase?

Just wondering.

Are these adds going to be the pop-up (or annoying) version or pretty much as they are displayed now (off to the side, in banners, etc. 

Honestly, if they were kept to the side,  I would pretty much tune them out so they don't bother me.  BUT....If they were going to be the pop-up version that interferes with my ability to navigate the forums then I would be greatly annoyed and it would kill my enjoyment of the Café.  Now, that does NOT mean  I would  be paying for the add free version.  What it does mean is that I would just visit the Café less. 

Please remember that there are other C4D forums out there and while I support anything that you need to do to stay financially healthy (even going so far to purchase a bunch of tutorials about 3 months before they all became free), we all have out limits.   Having vacuum cleaners and running shoes pushed into my face while I visit the Café is not a good way to participate in a C4D community.

Dave

P.S. I would assume that the banner adds are still going to be reserved for the 3D content providers (plugin developers, render farms) that are providing add revenue today?

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

• Topic Author
  • @C4DS

We are thinking of replacing gold, silver and bronze memberships, there are simply forum software glitches with that :/

@3D-Pangel

Currently we have some google ads running which are hopefully not intrusive. As a result of this subscription one would not see a single one of them. Only advertisement left would be the main banner with plugins, tutorials etc. but that is obviously not google ad related.

The aim is to offer google ad free experience to ones that want, for ones that don't want to - nothing changes :)

I see it this way C4D Cafe:

- a decision how to finance your website was made from the beginning (ads and financial supporters)

- the web is jam-packed with ads, C4D cafe ad free with a monthly fee won't make the slightest difference

- the hopes of the product owners exceed their ego and as such we will see even more ads

who cares

3 hours ago, vanderleden said:

I see it this way C4D Cafe:

- a decision how to finance your website was made from the beginning (ads and financial supporters)

- the web is jam-packed with ads, C4D cafe ad free with a monthly fee won't make the slightest difference

- the hopes of the product owners exceed their ego and as such we will see even more ads

who cares

What's the point of your post exactly? Hrvoje just shared 258 videos on YouTube for free for which he worked his ass off and this is your conclusion? Not to mention other things! Maybe I missed the point of your post, I dont know., please next time be more specific.  

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

40 minutes ago, Igor said:

What's the point of your post exactly? Hrvoje just shared 258 videos on YouTube for free for which he worked his ass off and this is your conclusion? Not to mention other things! Maybe I missed the point of your post, I dont know., please next time be more specific.  

Igor, what do these videos have got to do with it?

Can't you sell them?

Do you know how many videos there are on YouTube covering Cinema 4D back and forth?

I was very specific, actually.

Who cares...

really, Igor, I DON'T NEED YOUR WEBSITE because I'm a hobbyist

I can read other C4D websites out there

really

• Topic Author
  • guys I think you misunderstood each other.

@vanderleden

The point of this topic was to ask members if they are willing to provide small fee in exchange for not seeing ads, simple as that. Ads we have, which we believe are minimal given the facilities we provide can  still bother some, hence the question. We wont increase the amount of ads since we certainly don't want to spoil website experience.

Igor referred to free trainings now as something that nobody else provides in such scope as a part of free services Cafe offers and is just pointing out that even though it is free  for consuming, some financial structure has to be closed in order for site to function, which is via google ads. Bottom line, we shifted to ad based financing instead of direct financing

I just started here, I think the ads are not overly invasive, if anything  Facebook has more ads and since they are google ads, it’s shows ads that are pretty spot on to a persons interest. 

Love your site and what your doing here. I think vanderladen  is wrong about being able to go to another site. No other site has this many experienced designers helping noobs like me. 

Keep up the great work