Hey!

I'm using 15" laptop and I'm planning to buy two monitors, connect them and attach to my desk.

I'd like it to be 22 inch or 24". I'm also taking used ones into consideration.

Can you recommend me some pretty decent model with IPS panel under $400 ?

From experience I can tell you that Dell makes solid panels for lower price, however, I am not sure if you will find good screens in size you area after. Personally, I can only suggest that you go for one larger screen of good quality. After years of trying many of them, the best displays by far for 3D and Photo use are Eizo and NEC. I currently have EIZO and it is superb display.

Free C4D trainings from MAXON professional on our youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/c4dcafe

• Topic Author
  • Thanks. I'll take into consideration having single but larger screen. Which model of Eizo do you recommend under $400 ?

Unfortunately I can't since their pricing is higher due to quality. Dell is probably your best bet within that budget, however, if you are looking to to use a display for extended periods of time you may want to invest in good display for health and professional reasons :)

• Like 1

Free C4D trainings from MAXON professional on our youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/c4dcafe

I recently purchased the Dell UP2516D monitor for around $350.  It is a wide screen 25" monitor at 2560x1440 resolution, supports 10 bit color (so 1.07 colors) and has some pretty nice features.  Prices for it range all over the place as it was released in 2016 but if you follow the reviews it outperforms the 2018 versions as they only support 8 bit color.  They also ship it with pre-tuned color calibration for sRGB and AdobeRGB color space (and provide a nice color calibration report).

I actually have 3 PC's feeding into it: my work laptop, my graphics workstation and my "every day" PC (my workstation has a 1000W power supply so using it all the time would be like running your microwave all day….too high an electric bill).  What I like is that if you are only running one machine at a time, the UP2516D automatically switches the input to that active machine. It has two HDMI, one DP and mDP port.  You can still manually switch between machines if you have two running at the same time but it you shut one down, it automatically switches to the active machine.  Not sure if that is new, but it is new to me as my other monitor (the Dell U2410) does not do that (yes....I have 3 PC's feeding two monitors and every PC displays in extended screen mode on both machines….. think through the cabling on that one for a minute as not all graphics cards and screens have the same input/output connections!!!)

You can read more about it here

Dave

P.S.  If I may, for anyone who has a complex set-up like mine involving two PC's and multiple monitors, I highly recommend Logitech's K850 wireless keyboard and MX Anywhere 2S mouse.  Both can switch between multiple inputs without the need for a KVM switch and the mouse even comes with internal memory up to 5Mb such that I can right-click copy on one PC, switch inputs to the next PC and paste the file in the next machine.  If you don't extend your displays to both monitors then as you scroll from one display to the next display, it automatically switches between machines.  A little pricey (around $110 USD), but it just makes your desktop life sooooo easy and uncluttered by wires or switches that it is worth it.

• Like 1

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

1 hour ago, 3D-Pangel said:

my workstation has a 1000W power supply so using it all the time would be like running your microwave all day….too high an electric bil

A psu only draws the power demanded of it, so if your pc needs say 100W on idle/low use (surfing or watching a movie) and 700W when maxed out (gaming or rendering etc), that is what the power draw will be at the wall socket - it doesn't draw 1000W all the time.

That said, psu's have various efficiency ratings eg bronze 80+, that signify how much of the load at the socket is actual 'useful' power, and how much the psu 'wastes', and these values (eg 80% +) are measured at the psu 'sweet spot', so in theory a pc on idle with a 300W psu would use marginally less power than the same pc on idle with a 1500W psu - although the difference is small.

My philosophy is that the heat produced by my psu's is actually 'smart heat' in that, in winter, the electricity first does my rendering, and then heats my flat.

TLDR - a 1000W psu doesn't use 1000W all the time.

Mr Pedantic

• Like 1

• Topic Author
  • 11 hours ago, anglereserve said:

You could check out this review

This one looks great but it's too big for my setup and not under $400 ::):

6 hours ago, godink said:

This one looks great but it's too big for my setup and not under $400 ::):

You might want to look at other Benq's...

Take a look at BenQ PD2500Q, from Designer series, great monitor for 3D or Graphic design work for that price.