floatonok

Copy Pased Meshes randomly flipping?

Hello all!

I am having an issue were copy/pasted objects randomly flip 90 degrees after a transformation. After a few times I thought I was inadvertently pressing a errant button but it continues to happen.

Any ideas of what could be causing this?

Thanks!

Weird. Never heard of that before. Could you upload a scene that demonstrates this problem ?

CBR

• Topic Author
  • Sure thing, thanks for taking a look. I wish I would tell you how to replicate the issue, for the most part I have been composing my scene. Moving things around rotating them and that's about it.

The primary culprits right now are the dock cargo, water towers and the rail road tracks. The original geometry was copied from a Kitbash3D model kit and then pasted and rearranged.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4h2l0y1hmxzbvzf/along-came-a-spider.c4d?dl=0

Thanks!

OK, I may have found the answer. Have a look at  this screenie...

503426851_Rotationweirdness.thumb.jpg.d129e1eddec73c64f064a2b4e1fcbaf1.jpg

See those illuminated yellow / red dots on that objects rotation ? Did you set Rotation Keyframes on purpose, or shouldn't that be there ? Those dots indicate that an earlier keyframe has been set, but now that value is different.

If unintentional, you need to r-click each of those 3 fields, choose, Animation / Delete Track, which should fix it (for just that object, obviously). You will need to check the others too...

CBR

• Topic Author
  • Brilliant! Yes that makes sense. No I did not set (or didn't intentionally set any rotation track key frames.)  I'll give that a try.

Thank you @Cerbera!

• Namaste 1