Sign in to follow this  
chadiabo

Modelling Script / Houdini workflow like

Hello

I have a task where I want to make some simple modelling operations / adding simple geometries upon a selection of polygons / splines.

My starting point is a group of splines that form a city plan, I want to select every closed spline and extrude it randomly, make a simple boolean operation (or not) add some domes geo, vertical details....etc. on a random base.

I am a bit familiar with Xpresso but I didn't encounter a previous case where I had to deal with a group of selection, I think maybe Python is more suitable.

Do you have ideas to share about this topic, a starting script / tutorial will be very appreciated.

Best

You can extrude the spline and then use MoExtrude to achieve random extrusion heights. If you have R20 you have much more control over where how much extrusion will occur by using the Fields. I attached an example without Fields as your profile states you use R16. random_height_city.c4d

• Topic Author
  • Thank you for the hint, it is a good solution for the random extrude, but what if I want to add several modelling operations randomly like adding help-pads on some buildings...etc. how do you see it from that point on

Best