Cerbera

R20 Modelling Axis Reset

If, like me, you use the modelling axis all the time, then it will probably have frustrated you on several occasions that there isn't a reset button there, and that r-clicking the field arrows didn't work here either, as recently as R19. I'm sure I wasn't alone in suggesting we fix that to MAXON, and I have just noticed that in R20 the right-click reset now works !! So, while we still haven't got the Reset button that would sort them all out in one click, we can at least now do it in 3 right-clicks, which is a lot better than manually moving the sliders to 0 with no quantization.

rclickaxisreset.gif.c62e09ce2375f0e7a8ed1834d47dae7b.gif

So just giving my fellow modellers a heads up on that one, as it seems to been thought of as too minor to include in the R20 feature lists...
But that's a biggie for me - will save a lot of time cumulatively, that one...

CBR

• Like 3

You should be able to reset any value with RMC. There are issues with consistency in Cinema 4D so unfortunately not all values could be reseted in that way, but I think the majority still can be.

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

7 hours ago, Igor said:

You should be able to reset any value with RMC. There are issues with consistency in Cinema 4D so unfortunately not all values could be reseted in that way, but I think the majority still can be.

Indeed - but that was partially what was so maddening about it - it worked everywhere else, except the one place where we needed it to work most  ! :)

But anyway - great that it got addressed and improved this time round...

CBR

Nice! However, I can confirm this does not work in r18 either. :( 

I've become accustomed to double-clicking the first field, pressing zero, then double-tab, zero etc.

Luckily I don't use the modeling axis too often.