Sign in to follow this  
chadiabo

Need help in Python syntax

Hello

What is the easiest syntax in Python to make the following :

1-from a A selection of splines or polygons - ---> make a A list

2-from a B selection of objects ----> make a B list

3-copy or instance a random object from B selection to stick it to the center of the object from A list

I have a group of closed spline that forms a city scape and I want to extrude each spline randomly and attach an object from a B list to populate randomly the buildings 

I am trying the Mo Extrude approach to get different heights but I can't be able to attach other objects that stick to that surface in Mograph

Best

Can you share a scene file or reduced version? There might be easier ways to go about this

• Topic Author
  • Here is a simple scene

I am trying to stick some random objects to each building, I used some null objects to prevent repeating this on every building 

Let me know if you have ideas

small_city.c4d

Axis of your object which you are cloning is offset, that is why there is an issue. You can simplify your scene, here is a quick try. Note that you can use correction deformer to create selections and then use that selection on connect object

small_city_0001.c4d

• Topic Author
  • Thanks buddy, but my issue was how to tell the scattered objects to stick to the different heights of the buildings after using Noise function in MoExtrude.

Also I can't figure out how I can use polygon selections on Connect object but this is minimal for now

Ah, I see. Is this what you are after?

small_city_0003.c4d

To create selection on connect simply subordinate correction deformer under it, make a selection on correction deformer and then copy the tag to connect

• Topic Author
  • Great, really thank you, so your correction deformer was done then you took it off? Any how it works great

Many thanks