melvyn

Uninstall Content Libraries

I installed the "Content Library - Studio". Can I delete it? And can I re-install it in future? I'm on a Mac. Thanks!

This is simple. Library files can be located in two places. These are Mac file paths so you should see the same thing. If you really do have R16, then the first path is where to look. If you Command-Click the C4D icon in the dock, it will take you right to the main folder. Find the library you want to remove and move it out of that folder. Restart C4D. Simply move it back and restart if you change your mind.

/Applications/MAXON/Cinema 4D R20/library/browser/XXX.lib4d

Newer Version of C4D

/Users/user/Library/Preferences/MAXON/Cinema 4D R20_XXXXX/library/browser/XXX.lib4d

• Topic Author
  • Thanks. I deleted the library but now I can't see the option to re-download it in the Updates window. Just thinking about the future in case I want to re-download it. Thanks!

Yeah, had I have seen this before you did it I would have cautioned you to back up the .lib4d file rather than deleting it. The online updater keeps a record of what you download, but not what you uninstall manually, so if that option is no longer available you'll have to contact MAXON for a direct link / their advice.

CBR

• Topic Author
  • Thank you, this is good to know! I suppose if I ever really need it in future I can just try a fresh uninstall/install of C4D?

Yep, that'd do it...

CBR

On 3/23/2019 at 12:25 PM, BigAl3D said:

<<< Find the library you want to remove and move it out of that folder. Restart C4D. Simply move it back and restart if you change your mind. >>>

Yeah, that's why I added this line to my reply. Unless you're desperate for hard drive space, just move it to another location is what I'm saying.