Sign in to follow this  
anglereserve

X Particles new Dynamics features

This looks really great .  Too bad the pricing has switched to maintenance agreement model.  So tired of subscription type releases.   

• Like 1

They also released a video on presets and some other stuff last week. I did the maintenence agreement, against my better judgement, I would rather just do upgrades when i need them but at  least it looks like I'll be getting some thing interesting for the money. 

• Topic Author
  • 53 minutes ago, CApruzzese said:

They also released a video on presets and some other stuff last week. I did the maintenence agreement, against my better judgement, I would rather just do upgrades when i need them but at  least it looks like I'll be getting some thing interesting for the money.  

I think I might have to learn Houdini and use Houdini Engine for this kind of stuff.  Houdini Indie for two years costs about the same as the maintenance I think.  Pricing aside, it does look amazing!

My one beef with xparticles  is the explosia tags etc. I like how they work with everything it's the rendering part. I end u using tubulence fd for all my smoke and fire as it redners super fast and anyting with explosia takes so long i give up on it!