Cerbera

Game of Thrones VFX Showreel S7

The dragons are getting bigger, the Wall is getting smaller, the zombie Polar bears scarier, and the VFX all the more mind-blowing :)
For anyone who hasn't seen it yet, here's the surprisingly lengthy VFX reel for the last series...

Loved Weta's scary bear (which was almost entirely hidden by snow / fog in the show, but that wall coming down was just.... spectacular in all the right ways... Anyway, enjoy the destructo-goodness :)

CBR

I wonder about that VFX budget... 10 Mil? 15? 20? Truly global production.

I heard the base rig of the earlier dragons from Pixomondo had around 500 Joint controllers because they need to be able to make very quick changes to basically every single scale under tight deadlines. I am sure the current big ones have even more with all the simulation layers of skin etc.

I wish we had functioning cloth in C4d to make dynamic skin like this...

R18, Octane, Vray, Cycles, Zbrush, AE, Marvelous Designer, Substance Designer, Affinity