Info News:
  • C4D Cafe 2.0 COMING SOON!

Sign in to follow this  
3dkobi

Rendering foam particles from Realflow ?

Hi,

I'm doing a Hybrido simulation in Realflow  - Ship sail in an ocean - And I just can't figure how to render the splash&foam particles inside Cinema4D...I searched the internet but didn't find any complete explanation for this...

I cached the splash&foam sim inside realflow as alembic, so now I have a sequence of 330 frames, but now what do I do ?

I'm on C4D R20 Broadcast - Can I use Mograph for this ? Should I use Xparticles ? 

Regarding render engines I own Vray & Corona

Thanks in advanced for any help :)

Peace,

Kobi 

Hi 

saving particles as single alembic files is not the best option (at least not for Cinema4D, rather for Maya). Better export them as .bin or .prt so they can be read by the X-particles plugin, or the connect-plugins for realflow. 

• Topic Author
  • Thanks for your answer ZChristian,

When I try to use the rf plugin inside C4D and press "Realflow Particle Importer" - C4D crash and I get an error message that say "RF Particle importer can not be used because Thinking particles is missing"

I've downloaded a demo version of X-Particles, but have no idea how to use it. I also know that Corona render doesn't support X-Particles, and so is VRay.

Kobi

Ok, I see. I thought you had these plugins installed because you asked about using X-particles. 

Indeed, the import plugin for RealFlow standalone (so-called connection plugin) uses Thinking Particles and that is only present in C4D Studio.

In X-particles you use the "cache" object in order to import particle-files from other programs. There are two options for RealFlow particles there. 

The cache option is detailed here http://docs.x-particles.net/html/cacheobject.php

Those render engines you mentioned are able to render all kind of stuff, but they may not offer direct functions for X-particles. So, you can produce particles using X-particles, RealFlow or other programs, then you have to make you own shader for those render engines in order to render the particles, but it is possible. The internal render engines of C4D can also be used to render X-particles. 

But finally I think that working with realflow and cinema4d does not make a lot of sense if you cannot use the importer plugin in your version of C4D. There are workarounds, but it will not be easy :(

• Topic Author
  • I can't see how learning another 3d software is going to help me in the current project...