Sign in to follow this  
Jennifer

Dynamic disappear after baking

Hey guys, 

After I set up all the dynamics, I select all the dynamic tags and Bake All Cache like a good girl should. However, after I untick Enable Dynamics and play my dynamics don't work anymore :( 

Why is that? 

P. S What's the difference between Bake Object and Bake All? 

I don't know why that doesn't work for you. It does for me ! :/ 

It's one where we should clear the cache, save the file and upload it for inspection so we can find out what the difference is...

The difference between bake object and all is exactly what it says - you can only bake the dynamics from one object if you like, which means the others remain actively dynamic, or everything, which means every dynamic object gets cached.

CBR

Thanks! Is it paramount to bake dynamics before rendering? I mean will it improve the render time dramatically? 

No ! The reason for baking is not to do with rendering, and I suspect any speed difference is coincidental and rather minimal ! But I think there are certain (rare) circumstances where the Render won't deal with stuff unless it is baked. But apart from that, the reason to bake is to see a viewport animation in real-time so we can judge timing etc, or if we need to get Cinema-specific stuff like deformers and dynamic animation into another application later...otherwise, there's just no point !

CBR