Sign in to follow this  
brzezinski

Animate Character + Accessories

Posted (edited)

Hello

How should I proceed, to follow during the animation character, the bag he is wearing?

borsa.jpg

Edited by Cerbera
Accurate Titling

Dynamic IK joints is the way to go in such scenarios. Make sure you have enough joint subdivision around the loop.

Also check collisions in the Dynamics menu and add the body mesh as collider.

I have difficulty controlling with Dynamic IK joints the bag that follows character movements.
Please help me.
Add scene files.
Thank you.

Iris.c4d

i see no attempt with dynamic ik joints on the bag in your file. which i wouldn't recommend btw. dynamic IK with collisions is a nightmare to get right and stable in animation.i would instead make a couple of extra joints to control the bag and animate i manually. best to parent them to the chest joint.

I confirm there's no joints in your file on the strap of the bag (so no dynamic IK either).

I also agree with Everfresh that dynamic IK can cause stability issues/collision noise on occasion, but can save labor and is the rigging option of choice when there are no colliders (front hair strands, mech antennas etc) and time is an issue (is there ever when time is not an issue?)

If you want to try this manually perhaps it's better to use an 2 IK splines and animate the handles (tangents of the bezier curves), however if you're a complete beginner at rigging (and animating) it's not a bad idea to start simple as @Everfresh suggested.