rasputin

My R21 Wishlist

a sharper user interface (crips text and windows) for the menus, for people like me working seriously on a 32" screen with windows 10.

A more fluid handling of the models too please.

:)

On 4/4/2019 at 8:47 PM, Martin Schiller said:

a sharper user interface (crips text and windows) for the menus, for people like me working seriously on a 32" screen with windows 10.

A more fluid handling of the models too please.

:)

I'm on a 32" 4K on windows right now and it's all very crisp?  I can only guess you don't have your settings right?   You know you can also customise the interface font in preferences - I am using Nirmala UI at 14 and it's fantastic.

As for 21... 
Expresso update would be nice.

Volume Cache

Faster volumes - it's CPU only at moment.  Leverage that GPU goodness.

Better Volume Mesher. 
Auto Retopology that works. 
VR mode!  Camera control / Modelling / sculpting

Better Viewport rendering

Hopefully redshift integrated into the Viewport - not for rendering (yet) just actually so you can see what's going on without having to use the viewport node on every material. 

Selection tools. 

Now here's the Biggie.. you ready for it.  

A compositor!  A really good Hybrid / Layer based 3D compositor with Cinema's awesome straight forward adaptive interface.     Anything to bury the awfulness that is mostly single threaded mess that After effects has become. 

Imagine comping footage in C4D like environment. 
Same cameras and render settings lights etc 

Possibly layers AND node based AND 3D environment. 
OpenFX plugins. 
Could be potentially live (with redshift) - so multi layer 3D renders are automatically updated in the comp view.   Work in low res and then render out at the end.

The possibilities are endless.  Damn... it could be a beautiful thing.   

MAXON - I am not a programmer... but have a great vision.  Give me a call ;) 

Agreed on updated modelling Selectors, Set Flow and Creasing.  I've been learning Maya and all these are great in that package.

UV editor updates and stability.  My UV editor crashes C4D all the time on higher poly meshes.

Bodypaint and Sculpting could use some love.  Something more like Mudbox would be amazing, but stable (unlike Mudbox).

Overall Speed.  Medium sized scenes really kill Cinema and super detailed stuff isn't very do-able.

As for thinking particles I'm fine with XP or Houdini engine.  There's already more community support and current information out there for theses.  I don't think MAXON would really be able to dev something competitive anyway, especially with Houdini.

Price drop would make sense too but after they raised the Maintenance price that's doubtful.  I feel like MAXON is going to have a  really hard time acquiring new customers at the current price.  There are a lot of other interesting value propositions especially with Houdini Indie and Blender.

I didn't pay for this round of Maintenance and am likely jumping ship if R21 isn't more compelling.

Do MAXON employees look at these types of threads? I hope they do. For what it's worth, here's my message in a bottle.

I'm using Cinema 4D for character animation and my R21 requests are:

Selection Tools

• Symmetry

Viewport

• Parallel character rig computation

Skin Deformer

• Ability to change Priority

Script Manager

• Code completion
  • Ability to change font-size

Visual Selector

• Python API for Hotspots
  • Larger Script window
  • Ability to Refresh Background Image

BodyPaint

• UVTerrace by Edges
  • UVTerrace Preview Highlighting
  • Ability to view/edit multiple UVW tags at once
  • Interactive Cut and sew
  • Brush relax

9 hours ago, cinomadic said:

Do MAXON employees look at these types of threads? I hope they do. For what it's worth, here's my message in a bottle.

•  

Threads like this are mainly for discussions among forum members, actual requests towards MAXON should be sent via the suggestions web form

https://www.MAXON.net/en/support/suggestions/

This makes sure they don't get lost. Don't expect any immediate feedback tough, the suggestions are collected in a database, sorted by the given categories and then regularily reviewed by PM and others.

-VR editor

-Removal of old junk

-Time Fcurves for Animation (TimeTracks are fiddly)

-Re-worked cloth system

-Re-worked spline dynamics

-Updated hair system

-Integrated physics--or just buy XP

-GPU acceleration everywhere, esp. Volumes and Sims

-Commander entry of xPresso nodes; xPresso UI improvements

-Open API for node material systems to integrate w/3rd party renderers

With Substance Painter and Rizzom I don't care anymore about BodyPaint/UV System. Now that I don't care...it'll probably come in R21. ;-)

There is a lot I want.  But I'll be dissapointed if we don't get new xpresso with new nodes, awesome 3rd party nodal support, and some performance improvements. 

I can't even imagine how amazing a compositor in Cinema 4D would be with new nodes system, tied to an updated Bodypaint.... a nice dream.

-Particles system

-Improve the retargeting  system for different rigs (mocap, mixamo, ...)

On 4/1/2019 at 5:10 AM, Cerbera said:

And we are way overdue a 'Set Flow' function that would match the curvature of any point or edge to its neighbours. And a smooth / relax brush with 'shape

preservation' option.

Would be awesome, indeed.

And actually make the tools that have the "Preserve Curvature" option actually do it based on the surrounding geometry because my guess is that what it's doing is just pushing the the edges away, with no calculation involved. A comparison between C4D and Maya in this feature shows a big discrepancy in the results.

On 4/2/2019 at 7:15 PM, Cerbera said:

I mean, surely they can't do it better than that can they ?! :)

They don't really have to do it better than XP. They need to be it better than it is. Or better than nothing in the case of fluid simulations. Would be happy with SOMETHING, not necessarily something that beats RealFlow and Turbulence FD.

On 4/27/2019 at 10:40 PM, cinomadic said:

Interactive Cut and sew

They really need to add transformation axis to the UV editor first of all.

Non-uniform scaling in the UV editor is just... ***.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2019 at 11:57 AM, rasputin said:

Wow... can you imagine a Compositor built into C4D !   That would be amazing...  To do all your video work "in house",  so to speak...

Hi Rasputin,

I hear ya but I doubt this will happen due to current integration with After Effects via Cineware, unless maybe MAXON did something like have an integrated After Effects Lite in the same way After Effects has Cinema 4D Lite. 

I would hope MAXON would take a more innovative philosophy to expand the power of all in one C4D.  They have a great support for Adobe, but they aren't tied together (unless they are.. by some contract.. I don't know).  In any case, it's a dream that probably won't ever come true.  If you want nodal compositing, the options aren't great.  I don't like what Blackmagic has done to Fusion... but I guess I should feel lucky standalone Fusion is still being developed at all.