Sign in to follow this  
rasputin

My R21 Wishlist

Here's my wishlist, obviously not for R21, but for any future version moving forward:

• Open node editor for 3rd party developers (R21)
  • Faster, more expanded features for volumes (R21)
  • Integrate Redshift into Cinema... Is anyone using ProRender? (R22)
  • Faster viewport
  • Complete overhaul of the UV system (or just buy Rizom)
  • UDIM support
  • Update Xpresso to match the look of the node editor
  • Remove the need for the priority system
  • Expanded modeling toolset (bring it up to par with 3ds max)
  • Expanded character animation tools (bring it up to par with maya)
  • Update Sketch & Toon (and fix flickering lines with animations)
  • Update built-in particle system (shouldn't have to rely on X-Particles)
  • Update how sound tracks work in the timeline (Use Sound, Start Time, and Sound should be animatable properties. Also sound tracks are funky when using the Take System)
  • In Render Settings move Stereoscopic and Material Override into "Effect..." menu (I know this is small, but it just makes sense haha)
  • When creating primitives, option to put axis at base, instead of centered within the object
  • Anyone anyone using ProRender, PyroCluster, BodyPaint?

Sorry if any of this sounded harsh haha. I absolutely love Cinema 4D and the community around it. I just want to see it continue to improve!

Big Picture, MAXON must start moving towards leveraging GPU for a wide variety of functions and processes. If they don't do it soon... 

I won't finish the sentence.

But I think they understand fully well...and are on it.

Cinema 4D Demo with save features for more than 42 days!

Or the option of buying for studying purposes, say, like the price of Houdini Indie. Wanted to get back to C4D, but short on money.

Some easier way to do retopology internally.

reshift with new Node Interface (i assume on the way)

removal of ProRender :)

Super - Multithreading everyting!

New Body paint

Easy UV Unwrap

Unreal Engine built in.

VR Support for Editing

Meet the new list (pretty much the) same as the old list:

1. Much better viewport / object manager performance. I.E. Rapid looks development whether 1 object with a million polys or a million objects with 1 poly (to use a cliche example). Don't care if it's CPU / multi-threaded or GPU-based, just want it to work much more smoothly than it does. 
  2. Better UV, retopology worklows. Not really my gig but I know how many other people need this / tire of using third party patchwork of solutions. 
  3. Proper symmetry modeling tools. I think virtually everyone can benefit from this whether you do Disney style animation, motion graphics, or something else.
  4. Continue to polish the new nodal materials system and integrating with available renderers, particularly ProRender.
  5. Continue to polish the new OpenVDB workflow.

I'd be real happy with any 3 of those. I don't even care which 3 although #1 is far and away the most important and holds greatest potential benefit for all users IMHO. Hopefully the promise of the new core is realized in a couple months.

Fix viewport speed fix viewport speed Fix viewport speed fix viewport speed Fix viewport speed fix viewport speed Fix viewport speed fix viewport speed Fix viewport speed fix viewport speed Fix viewport speed fix viewport speed Fix viewport speed fix viewport speed Fix viewport speed fix viewport speed

Has anyone heard what we might expect from R21? Only a couple weeks away from SIGGRAPH.

3 minutes ago, cinomadic said:

Has anyone heard what we might expect from R21? Only a couple weeks away from SIGGRAPH.

Nobody that knows can tell you, so I can shut that sort of question down straight away :) But not long to wait now...

CBR

This time of year beats Christmas. The anticipation...and then the opening of shiny presents.

Speed up the work of Push Apart Effector and refine its algorithm.
At the moment, work is only on one core.
Packing points from above forty thousand just freezes the computer.
Tests in Houdini show that their package algorithm uses a lot of threading and this happens in real time and no freezes. Even a million points is packed very quickly.
I do not know why, but almost everything in C4D runs on a single core.
In 2019, this is an archaic feature. 

Surely R21 will include UV tool enhancents? MAXON can't go yet another year without any UV tool enhancements. But hey, if not my Bodypaint tutorials will still be pretty much current for another year :)

R20 was massive. I have a hunch R21 and surrounding announcements might be even bigger.