southpaw

XParticles NAB sale April 8th 2019

NOTE: This sale is really an...

ALL INSYDIUM 50% OFF SALE

So it is not just X-Particles as inferred in the subject line but Cycles 4D, Cycles/X-Particle bundle and (the most exciting part)…..

50% OFF MAINTENANCE

Plus you can purchase up to 3 years of maintenance at this price if you so desire.

Honestly, at the rate they keep improving X-particles (their latest update continues to impress), I do wonder what's left to release in the future?  Sure, you can make it faster or handle monstrous particle sets, but those are probably limitations of C4D and not 100% in their control.  Relative to what is in their control, like additional features, I am left to wonder what else is on their development timeline.  My brain hurts trying to think of some particle control or modifier that they don't already have and on top of that add fluids, grains, volume breaking, particle dynamics, object dynamics, etc...etc...etc.  ;-)

Now, this is said with tongue firmly planted in cheek, but even Next Limit is having trouble keeping up with X-Particles relative to their C4D plugin.  I looked at the feature list relative to the cost and I did not see any breakthrough features that would make me want to run out an buy V3. 

I have always been an Insydium enthusiast.  I just hope I remember on Monday to renew my maintenance!

Dave

• Like 1

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

Special announcement from MAXON at NAB tomorrow morning. Leaves speculation as to if this is related to Insydium and their 50% off everything deal?

On 4/5/2019 at 4:49 PM, 3D-Pangel said:

I wonder what's left to release in the future?  Sure, you can make it faster or handle monstrous particle sets, but those are probably limitations of C4D and not 100% in their control.  Relative to what is in their control, like additional features, I am left to wonder what else is on their development timeline. 

Nodal workflow, and xparticles is basically houdini lite, way easier to work with until c4d can keep up with the speed.