Sign in to follow this  
joolsd

Motion clips and Pose morphs

Hi there. Sorry for the quality of this post but I haven't got much time.

I am trying to edit facial animation with motion clips. 

I think you have to bake the expressions.  The process seems to take forever. There is no progress bar to let me know if there is an end in sight?  Even with 10 frames as a test. 

Is it possible to edit pose morphs this way?

Best regards

Joolsd

Have you searched the site and found this post, which although quite old now might still be relevant ?

CBR

• Topic Author
  • Admittedly I saw  this is the first post I came across.  I have tried to follow this.

The worry is I am not sure how long it should take to Bake the keyframes, with a character with pose months on the face and eyelashes. 

I tried to do a 50 frame bake. It seemed to take all morning to do just this. I then tried 10 frames. That also took a long time. (maybe I'm being impatient) But I have a lot of clips to do.  Part of the problem is that there is no indication of 'progress bar' to know if it is a method worth sticking with, or at least a time remaining to know whether to do something else whilst waiting.

I have found a different technique that seems to work quicker, which is just to copy the keyframes and be a bit disciplined with markers.  It's not as good as motion clips but seems to work.