Sign in to follow this  
Vertex Helix

Iron Maiden fans and Derek Riggs

Any Maiden fans out there? I 've been meaning to do a proper tribute to Maiden's brilliant illustrator Derek Riggs for some time and finally started getting to it.

The idea is to reproduce 5 of his iconic scenes in 3D and then do a mini clip (as everything is being set up for animation with real time rendering in mind)

So here's the first still so far...(concept art originally on Maiden's album "Seventh Son of a Seventh Son")

the Clairvoyant.jpg

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

Eddie has calmed down a lot since his earlier days hasn't he - you'd never see him sitting down reading on Number of the Beast !! :)

My favourite was always the Live After Death cover, where he's really looking quite cross :)

Solid band, and maybe the only one in the world whose singer can fly a 747 !

Excellent project - keep up the good work !

CBR

Yes, Live after Death will be my last scene (and I can already taste the pain I'll go through from the cloth simulation of Eddie ripping his shirt off!)

My rig also needs a ton of help with supportive joints, and reskinning is not fun either. Oh well, Derek is worth it

PS> Dickinson must have an IQ of 150! 

Yeah, and getting him quite that wrinkled is gonna be fun !

CBR