Igor

MAXON & REDSHIFT TOGETHER

Amazing!  I'm glad I upgraded to R20 and got back on the MSA. "Seamless integration in Cinema 4D"  There is so much awesome potential...with I'm sure lots of new cool stuff coming. Imagine Redshift team implementing other nice Cinema 4D features to make it integrate just like built-in renderer's as much as possible. I'm excited.

Way to go MAXON!  This is huge.

Given that there is already a Redshift plugin, I wonder how this acquisition will affect R21?  I can't imagine any deeper integration before September so it could be that the R21 install has the Redshift plugin --- more than likely for Studio owners only.  I can't get to the MAXON site to learn any more (it must have crashed due to traffic) as this is pretty significant.  If you go to the Redshift site, there are a number of plugins and DCC software (Max, Maya, Houdini)  that have been integrated into Redshift.  To understand their fate,  do we look to Arnold?  Need to see how Max integrated Arnold to get sense of what happens next.

So many questions....so many possibilities.  Wow.  MAXON is certainly making an even  BIGGER name for themselves with this move. 

As our favorite Kiwi would say: "Fun times ahead"...and they will be fun.

Dave

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

• Topic Author
  • 10 minutes ago, bentraje said:

Cool! MAXON is being aggressive. Isn't this the first acquisition of MAXON (since maybe Thinking Particles) ? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Something this big never happened before as far as I know. :)

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

While I like Cinema and Redshift I'm pretty disappointing by this announcement since MAXON will likely make Redshift exclusive to C4D.  Redshift was one of the few render engines that was licensed by machine, not by software, making it accessible in other packages without additional cost......  Hopefully they won't change that.

• Like 1

• Topic Author
  • Just now, anglereserve said:

While I like Cinema and Redshift I'm pretty disappointing by this announcement since MAXON will likely make Redshift exclusive to C4D.  Redshift was one of the few render engines that was licensed by machine, not by software, making it accessible in other packages without additional cost......  Hopefully they won't change that.

Why do you think this is going to happen? Its clearly said this will not be the case. :)

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

1 minute ago, anglereserve said:

by this announcement since MAXON will likely make Redshift exclusive to C4D

That won't happen. It simply doesn't make sense from any standpoint...

Free C4D trainings from MAXON professional on our youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/c4dcafe

• Topic Author
  • BTW folks, anything you want to know is on the Maxon Web page linked in the first post. So please read that before hate starts. I already see on FB some people are angry due to not reading the whole news.

15 minutes ago, Igor said:

BTW folks, anything you want to know is on the MAXON Web page linked in the first post. So please read that before hate starts. I already see on FB some people are angry due to not reading the whole news.

I admit, I haven't read the full scoop, the MAXON site seems to be down for me.   In general though, acquisitions almost always mean less options or more cost in the long run so it isn't surprised that people won't be welcoming of the news.

Edit - I read the presser and it looks like nothing will change for now.  Fingers crossed.

We need to resurrect that old thread of the Redshift, Octane, Cycles 4D comparisons.  I think it came out well over a year ago (not sure).  I tried to find it without much success (but then again, I did not look very hard as I am at work.  A search of Octane and Redshift yielded too many pages).  Not sure if it is still relevant, but I do remember that it was very well done and that Redshift seemed to be the better choice, but it did have some downside --- which is to be expected in any fair side-by-side comparisons.  I think it was around usability, but not sure.    It would be good to review that thread again.

From reviewing the Redshift site, I would say that it does have some exciting possibilities...so I am just gob-smacked with anticipation and high praise for the MAXON folks.  They ain't ya fathers DCC software company any more!!!

Dave

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

I don't have personal experience with Redshift at all, but what I managed to check out myself and during conversations it seems to be very capable engine.

What I do know is that folks from Redshift seem very motivated, passionate and easy going people, especially in 4AM meetings :P

Everyone should be happy about this since it is a win-win scenario. Every job is saved, roadmaps are preserved, both products will benefit greatly along with their respective communities.

:2gwb921:

Free C4D trainings from MAXON professional on our youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/c4dcafe