Sign in to follow this  
Igor

MAXON & REDSHIFT TOGETHER

15 minutes ago, Igor said:

BTW folks, anything you want to know is on the MAXON Web page linked in the first post. So please read that before hate starts. I already see on FB some people are angry due to not reading the whole news.

I admit, I haven't read the full scoop, the MAXON site seems to be down for me.   In general though, acquisitions almost always mean less options or more cost in the long run so it isn't surprised that people won't be welcoming of the news.

Edit - I read the presser and it looks like nothing will change for now.  Fingers crossed.

Awesome News! This rocks!

We need to resurrect that old thread of the Redshift, Octane, Cycles 4D comparisons.  I think it came out well over a year ago (not sure).  I tried to find it without much success (but then again, I did not look very hard as I am at work.  A search of Octane and Redshift yielded too many pages).  Not sure if it is still relevant, but I do remember that it was very well done and that Redshift seemed to be the better choice, but it did have some downside --- which is to be expected in any fair side-by-side comparisons.  I think it was around usability, but not sure.    It would be good to review that thread again.

From reviewing the Redshift site, I would say that it does have some exciting possibilities...so I am just gob-smacked with anticipation and high praise for the MAXON folks.  They ain't ya fathers DCC software company any more!!!

Dave

I don't have personal experience with Redshift at all, but what I managed to check out myself and during conversations it seems to be very capable engine.

What I do know is that folks from Redshift seem very motivated, passionate and easy going people, especially in 4AM meetings :P

Everyone should be happy about this since it is a win-win scenario. Every job is saved, roadmaps are preserved, both products will benefit greatly along with their respective communities.

:2gwb921:

so.. do you guys know if Inysidum and Redshift interoperability is great? (sorry cycles!)

Exciting news!

I can't believe my wildest dream is actually becoming real!!! MAXON please dress it up in new nodes and add as standard render!!

Guest mbyrne

Just looked up Redshift website and it seems like serious product. Good move from germans, they were little thin in rendering game and this will certainly place them in very good position in market. Also, they now have a chance to show how they treat bought products and talent by distinguishing themselves from Autodesk gobblers and this, if palyed well can attract users - very smart if you ask me!

It's a very serious product I can assure you : )  I've rendered stuff with Rs I simply couldn't have dreamt of rendering with the standard C4D renders. If you're coming straight from the in built renderers it takes some learning - but it's worth it. Definitely a big boys toy : )

I finally made it to the MAXON page and I am not quite sure what to make of this statement:

Will Redshift be integrated into Cinema 4D?

• Redshift is a separate product which already offers outstanding support for Cinema 4D. MAXON and Redshift will be working closely together to make that integration even better than it is today.

So while they say that MAXON and Redshift will be working together to make integration better, that does NOT necessarily mean that Redshift will be integrated INTO C4D.  It could still be a separate plugin with better integration but that you still have to purchase it because they do say it is "a separate" product.  They never directly answered the question "Will Redshift be integrated into C4D".

Thoughts anyone?

Dave