Igor

MAXON & REDSHIFT TOGETHER

1 hour ago, hvanderwegen said:

My Spider Senses are tingling though: might this be another step to woo Adobe and prepare C4D for its inclusion into Adobe's fold? Probably just paranoia speaking, but lately so many mergers and buyouts are happening.

I was thinking the same thing.  MAXON buying anything is so uncharacteristic that it points to Adobe already having an agreement to buy C4D.  Can someone do a track on where the money came from to buy Redshift?

12 minutes ago, Fastbee said:

I was thinking the same thing.  MAXON buying anything is so uncharacteristic that it points to Adobe already having an agreement to buy C4D.  Can someone do a track on where the money came from to buy Redshift?

A couple presentations today focused on after effects + redshift + c4d so.... The plot thickens

• Haha 1

From what I was read on MAXON website, for me as c4d studio user is nothing changed...

Do you want Redshift? Buy it...Do you want Vray, Arnold,Thea or another renderer? Simply buy it... Same as current state, nothing changed.

Only benefit I see is for MAXON /as company, not for users/. What means words like "close integration" ?

If Redshift stay working "solo", integration will not be good enough? If intergration "currently" isn´t good/production ready,  nobody were bought Redshift, it´s simple...

For me it looks like MAXON only want to "ensure/secure" good renderer for the future. Simply was faster then other companies.

It reminds me situation from the past, when we could bought moduls separately. This way I was also upgraded from "core" renderer to AR...

... but that's just my personal opinion  

18 minutes ago, Fastbee said:

...Yes, answer to your last question could be very interesting...

/but I hope you do not expect somebody competent will answer you / ;-)

Folks that are speculating here and via pm, here is a simple answer. Adobe is not buying Maxon - simple as that. Not sure how on earth can anyone conclude that given this development? This, if anything nullifies such assumptions...

If Adobe ever wanted this then probably good time for them was 10 years ago, certainly not now, and to best of my knowledge, and I was saying this every year when this comes up - C4D is not for sale. It is simply silly for Nemetschek to sell such a valuable and growing company. Anyone can find financial results of companies online, this is simply publicly available information.

Now, I am looking forward to open some accounts for Redshift folks ;)

• Like 6

Free C4D trainings from MAXON professional on our youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/c4dcafe

I'm on my second year of Redshift. It will be awesome with better C4d integration but I hope it stays the same. I also use Maya and Houdini... How can I expect MAXON to want to improve rendering on other 3d packages...

What will this mean for macOS as Redshift requires CUDA and Tim Apple has abandoned Nvidia. My Mac Pro runs Windows and Centos 7.6 like a dream. How about C4d be made to run in Linux?

Then I could kiss macOS goodbye. :)

Good on ya MAXON! I'm happy for 2 reasons. 1. That Autodesk didn't buy Redshift and 2. Cos Cinema 4D is my fav 3D software.Regards. Rob

Great move by MAXON. I hope they will also buy Rizom UV

ProRender development is completely separated from RedShift and will continue as such. Redshift mentions on their website they plan to support AMD in the future, so that is more of a question for them directly.

Free C4D trainings from MAXON professional on our youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/c4dcafe

Some music to help you pass time while rendering:  Appropriately named too!

May I also suggest this site:  www.extrememusic.com

Great site for production music where music is classified by mood, tempo, and style.  In the mood for something to zone out to?  Just type in "chill" to the search bar and up will come hundreds of tracks that will all stream to you one after the other WITHOUT ADS!!!

Dave

• Like 3

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

19 minutes ago, 3D-Pangel said:

Some music

Needs more bass :) Great bit of music though - hi fast arco strings particularly epic.

CBR