Sign in to follow this  
Igor

MAXON & REDSHIFT TOGETHER

BigAl3D, That's great to know! Thank you. My excitement is growing to get into it and X-Particles. Sounds like I'm heading toward some serious creativity. I'd probably have a seizure if I got Houdini.

Do you guys happen to know why final render in cycles is a little brighter than live preview? 

23 hours ago, luchifer said:

Do you guys happen to know why final render in cycles is a little brighter than live preview? 

You should start a new thread for this topic and post a scene.

Send me a link to the thread so I don't miss it.

What about us Mac users. Is MAXON gonna stop dev on ProRender? Anyone hav insight into this?

ProRender development is not stopping.

Free C4D trainings from MAXON professional on our youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/c4dcafe

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 7:50 PM, teknow said:

BigAl3D, That's great to know! Thank you. My excitement is growing to get into it and X-Particles. Sounds like I'm heading toward some serious creativity. I'd probably have a seizure if I got Houdini.

Hmmm.....then this meme may resonate with you:  I am just surprised that they actually had meme's about C4D!!

Capture.thumb.JPG.f9717eef394ef3aca5b7102e2a04d089.JPG

You may also find this YouTube presentation rather interesting:

A rather frank and honest look at the capabilities of X-particles when dealing with some really large datasets (this guy's work is in 12K).  Now, he is not knocking XP...But he is quite frank about the size of the files and the size of the computer you will need for large venue's.  I did not listen to the whole thing, but it struck me as odd that he knocks Real Fluids (engineering grade software...but too slow) and never discusses Houdini.  He makes it work with C4D and XP even though the caches get up to 500Gb.....you just need a 48 core computer with two RTX Quadro cards, Krakatoa and alembic output.  Easy!

Dave

On 4/18/2019 at 10:05 PM, Freshly said:

What about us Mac users. Is MAXON gonna stop dev on ProRender? Anyone hav insight into this?

Let's have a look at the Mac facts here:

1. Pro res seems like an also-ran. At present.

2. Lack of Nvidia suport with no hope of it in the future.

3. Lack of AMD support for the industry standard GPU renderers

3. Apple dropping support for Open CL and GL

4. Integration just seems non existent with Apple's proprietary Metal, and where it does exist ( like in Premiere ) it seems to make the programs run slower.

5. Apples walled garden just seems to get higher and higher.

6. Where the hell is this Mac Pro Modular, they've been talking about it for years now?

All of this and more just means we're at a point ( as OSX users ) where it won't matter if you spend £15K on a full spec bells and whistles OSX machine, it just won't run the renderers needed for C4D work.

Apple Pro machines are no longer pro, they're just expensive toys. Enough already.

And I say this as a nearly 3 decades Mac user sitting here with a 6 core I7 2018 MBP with a Razer Core X Vega 64 that is basically a  dog when it comes to running C4D.

It's time to switch to be honest. My next Mac will be a PC.

How did this became a Mac bashing thread :) ?

Either way, market and users will react accordingly to all decisions ever being made by any company. This is valid for Apple too.

Let's keep the topic on right path. Who of you folks is actively using Redshift?

6 minutes ago, Hrvoje said:

Who of you folks is actively using Redshift?

I only use Redshift now.  I bought Cycles at the NAB sale but I'm not seeing the same speed that I get out of Redshift.  I will definitely give it a good go though to see how well it works with certain aspects of XP.  I don't go near Physical, Standard or ProRender. 

On 4/21/2019 at 12:27 PM, anglereserve said:

I only use Redshift now.  I bought Cycles at the NAB sale but I'm not seeing the same speed that I get out of Redshift.  I will definitely give it a good go though to see how well it works with certain aspects of XP.  I don't go near Physical, Standard or ProRender. 

I view Cycles as an X-Particles add on. Works great w/XP. Don't see the point for anything else where I turn to Octane. I suppose at some point I'll be a Redshift guy.  ;-)

On 4/18/2019 at 10:17 PM, Hrvoje said:

ProRender development is not stopping.

I hope this is one of those corporate speak things. Like you would say "Bodypaint development didn't stop" *winkwinknudgenudge*.

Because ProRender really looks like a waste of time and development would definitely be better put somewhere else.

10 minutes ago, filipstamate said:

I hope this is one of those corporate speak things. Like you would say "Bodypaint development didn't stop" *winkwinknudgenudge*.

Because ProRender really looks like a waste of time and development would definitely be better put somewhere else.

Why is it a waste of development? :)