Sign in to follow this  
JBlack

Strange highlighter while using Sub Div

Just working on a project (Its junk, but for learning) I'm using Sub Div Surf on a ship hull. Earlier, I could just select polygons in polygon mode or points in point mode, and it was fine. but I apear to have hit a hotkey for a setting that turns on some kind of highlighting. it seems like it should be for disability enhancement or something to aid people with low vision ability or something. I don't like it, it's making it harder to see what I am selecting. Does anyone know how to get rid of it? Thank you :D

Below is both a Screenshot and a Video Screen Grab

20190409_003193.thumb.png.b6f13d0191e5e369252c1e20f388e629.png

THANK YOU!!!

That is soft selection - you need to untick enable in that tab of the move, scale or rotate tools.

CBR

• Topic Author
  • oooh, ok cool. Thank you for telling me what it is. I searched help file for it and found what it does. Turns out, it may well be very useful for what I am doing right now. but I struggled to figure how to Toggle it on and off. I am using R19 right now and I found it in the right-hand panel's options that are displayed after clicking on the "live selection" tool. It's in the Dropdown menu of  "Mode" It now says "Normal" instead of "Soft Selection"

So, Thank you so much Cerbera. It must have a hotkey attached to it, and I have accidental hit that hotkey (happens all the time to me). Because while I often change the "Only Select Visible Elements" setting. I have never touched anything else. (Except Size lol).

20190409_003195.thumb.png.76d105551689ac096e9fb3fc3cf28bc5.png

• Topic Author
  • or....perhaps I have hit the up or down arrows while that panel was active, perhaps after hitting Tab for something too. I often have multiple programs running at once, but sharing the screen, i sometimes get muddled as to which is in focus, and.. yeh, things can go wrong lol.

Btw, what do you mean C4D version: None ? Are you using a crack copy ?

CBR