Cerbera

Robots vs. Music

Well this is the best thing I've seen for a while... (saw this and thought of you, @3D-Pangel)

Spkrs up - the tunes are epic ;)

CBR

• Awesome 1

Fantastic! The video reminded me of the opening credits for Westworld, which features robots and a moving score that builds up. I wonder if it was inspiration for this.

Very cool indeed. Funny since the industry we're in is so good now, at first I was asking myself if that was animated. Ha.

I will always have a soft spot for Animusic though:

• Like 2

• Topic Author
  • Yeah I guess only the musicians amongst us would initially spot that the things the robots are doing (particularly on bass and piano) aren't always the right notes, but he kinda gives it away to everyone when the room starts blowing up :) Having said that, it's not in any way a diss - those robots are animated absolutely beautifully, and actually have really musical push and pull style movements, which is mightily impressive in my book, whether it was at the end of a real robot arm OR keyframed by some talented mofo :)

CBR

Wow.  Loved it. 

There is a psuedo making of video found here which shows him teaching the robots in his workshop.  Now, when looking at the full video, I tend to think that it is not all CGI robots (maybe only at the end when they are shooting lasers and destroying the place).  Actually, it is more impressive if it wasn't because programming robots is not easy especially if you want them to be performing to a beat.   One of my first jobs was introducing robotics into electronic assembly --- it isn't easy.

Now, there is nothing that says the robots are actually performing the music - rather they are programmed to make certain movements in time and rhythm to the musical beats which may explain why the musicians among you are seeing performance inaccuracies.  But that does not mean they are CGI. I believe that those are real robots strumming those guitars, beating the drums, etc...but I think they are just faking it rather than making music.

Robotic "Milli Vanilli" if you will (the old timers out will get the reference.  For everyone else, go here to learn more). 

Dave

...and for those who just love different type of music (like myself), then you have to see this (oh...and its all real by the same artist):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3oItpVa9fs

• Like 1

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.