Now with the new acquisition does it mean that a frame who usually takes 30s it will be rendered in 2-3s when the engine becomes integrated or my expectations are a little unrealistic? Secondly, will redshift be available as an update for free or it requires to buy a new version of Cinema 4D? Thank you.

If you read the pinned thread about this you will see all your questions have already been answered...

GPU Renderers such as Redshift are many times faster than CPU solutions, but you should be aware that you need extremely big and expensive graphics cards to make that happen. The sort in a typical machine not designed principally for rendering are not usually sufficient.

CBR

• Like 1

Yeah either you need $2,500 worth of Nvidia cards, or if you only have a fast CPU, there's Arnold and Corona. I personally use Corona and, even though I haven't upgraded to a modern CPU yet, it's remarkably fast. I'm running the old Mac Trashcan™, but it's still quick. I'm hoping to get that new elusive new Mac Pro they keep talking about, but even on an iMac Pro or a Windows machine with a Threadripper, Corona is as fast as any GPU engine. Plus, it's a fully raytraced engine so there are no compromises with certain effects. I also had Cycles and it was very slow on my hardware. 

If you only do 3D rendering and other video CUDA stuff, then a GPU solution may be worth it. If you do lots of other stuff on your PC that doesn't use two monster GPUs, then a AMD Threadripper setup will give you super fast CPU rendering with engines that support it, AND speed up everything else you do with that PC.

Your choise.

• Like 2

I don't actually get why people are jumping over to GPU when they only have 1 mid range Nvidia card with no plans to expand...CPU solutions are much more sophisticated and stable currently if your only going to roll with one singular piece of hardware, you probably won't see much but a marginal speed increase over the CPU.

Saying that I did jump ship, got carried away and ended up with 2x 1080 hybrids and a new additional machine with 3x watercooled 1080tis...So I guess I took the plunge and yet I still want more speed :geek:

Bottom line: You can add more GPUs to a system with most motherboards, but your pretty stuck with 1 CPU for most consumer grade mobos.