Sign in to follow this  
Spencer Fanuka

Cant select faces

Hey yall,

So I extruded a triangle spline and I'm trying to select a face so I can scale it down after making it editable. However, Whenever I try and go to select the face, it selects and goes through the face I want to select. I have only select visible objects on and tried scaling the points and edges down but the face doesn't scale with the edges and points.

Pls upload the .c4d file.

CBR

When you made it editable you created 3 separate objects (walls and both caps), which you need Connect Object + Delete into one mesh and then Optimize to weld the points before you can treated it like a single model.

CBR

8 hours ago, Cerbera said:

When you made it editable you created 3 separate objects (walls and both caps), which you need Connect Object + Delete into one mesh and then Optimize to weld the points before you can treated it like a single model.

CBR

Where do I find these options?

Connect Objects: Select the two objects/right click/connect objects +delete

Select object in viewport/select all points ctrl+a/right click/optimize

When in doubt where to find a command go to the top menu/Window/Customize commands/type in the command in question

Also, from the Customize menu you can assign a hotkey in the same menu on the "Commander", (most packages have TAB assigned) and search from there, and use it as a console to command from there.

VH

On 4/12/2019 at 3:18 AM, Vertex Helix said:

Connect Objects: Select the two objects/right click/connect objects +delete

Select object in viewport/select all points ctrl+a/right click/optimize

When in doubt where to find a command go to the top menu/Window/Customize commands/type in the command in question

Also, from the Customize menu you can assign a hotkey in the same menu on the "Commander", (most packages have TAB assigned) and search from there, and use it as a console to command from there.

VH

Thanks! But can you also explain to me what these do exactly? I'd like to learn for future reference.

Connect Objects and Delete combines objects and deletes the originals, and Optimize welds coincident vertices together if they lie under the threshold value.

All this is in the manual if you just look up those terms.

CBR