Sign in to follow this  
Tesa Demiur

Smooth Spline -Spiral Option

Hi,

Does anyone tried the Spiral Option of the Smooth Spline command? When I spiral the spline It looks good until I release the mouse. It changes the shape right away. I tried with all Intermediate points options and all spline options. I held Cmd, Shift, Ctrl key and all the combinations between them. In the documentation doesn’t say we have to hold some keys to end up with the right shape. What’s the secret to get exactly the shape I’m creating when holding the left-click button of the mouse on the spline? Try it at least for fun and let me know if you find out. Thank you.

This happens when there are not enough points in your spline to describe the new shape you try and add with the tool. Change spline interpolation to uniform, and give it loads of intermediate steps - 100 or so; then it can retain the spirals you make...

2146144779_Whirlysplines.thumb.gif.3fade006ecd16b5be8232ba01861c207.gif

lastly, make sure you are not ALSO smoothing with that tool at the same time.

Having said that, there is usually some tidying up to do after using SplineSmooth in this mode.

CBR

• Like 1

I had it in Uniform but I wouldn’t have thought to raise the number to 100 in 100 years. I did raised it but not that high. Thank you again for your time. 

• Namaste 1