Sign in to follow this  
Tesa Demiur

Reset Object’s Coordinates

Hi,

I have a cube rotated in a certain position. Its axis has been reset and aligned to World Axis and I would like to align the object to its axis now. What function in c4d performs this action? Thank you for your help.

Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 9.35.06 AM.png

• Topic Author
  • I would like to reset completely the object coordinates and align it with its axis that are aligned with world axis. I watched the video and explains how to align the axis to the object. Me I have to reset completely object's rotation and I can’t use AM because everything is zeroed in it. 

• Topic Author
  • I can’t leave the object in that position and I don’t have the rotation data for it. I need to bring it back aligned with its axis or world axis now, a complete coordinates reset for it. How do I do that? 

OK, if your polys are rotated relative to the object axis that's a different question, and the answer is a 2 or 3-stage process.

1. Select an edge on the model, taking note of what axis that should be. Axis Center tool, align to selected edge (as in recommended video above), selecting the axis you noted in the 'Align to' Box...

2. Now you can adjust / reset rotation for that axis in the object's Coordinates Manager, which will put both object and axis back to world alignment.

3. Repeat stages 1 /2 for any remaining axes that are still wrong.

CBR

• Namaste 1

Hang on, there. Refresh the page - I have updated those instructions because I didn't know how many axes your object was wrong on, if you see what I mean. If it's more than one that is off, then the instructions need to change, so have been updated.

CBR

• Namaste 1

2 minutes ago, Tesa Demiur said:

All the axis have been messed up. 

Then you will need to do stages 1 /2 above 3 times, once for each axis that is wrong.

CBR

• Namaste 1

I made you a GIF. Hopefully this explains a bit more... every time my mouse goes off screen I am just going back to object mode to show where the axis is now, because modelling axis and object axis are different things.

1882829545_FixAlignment.thumb.gif.5b1032487700b9a3a26140eac10ceb47.gif

CBR

• Namaste 1