Sign in to follow this  
celmar

Semi-transparent Material

Hello everybody!!!

I try to match a material, sort of plastic very "smooth", with some transparencies, just a bit... i join a photo, I don't need at all the variation of color in the reference, just the feeling of that matrerial...

Thank you for your advice!!!

mat-gear.jpg

I suspect there is more to that scene than is initially apparent. First off I think there is luminance involved on both sides, so set your opaque material up with luminance and colour channels and get those balanced so you achieve the full solid look first.

But whereas the fully opaque object looks like 1 model, the other side is, I think, another model inside a clear shell, which may well have actual physical thickness and looks fully transparent (and maybe with a little blurry transparency).  The inner layer looks like a direct copy of the left material, but with its brightness / luminance turned down a bit.

Hope that helps...

CBR