Spencer Fanuka

Problem Installing RedShift Demo

Hey yall,

Whenever I try and install RedShift's demo it says that my installation was successful, however, it does not appear under the renderer in C4D. Here is my computer specs

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)

2.3 GHz Intel Core i5

8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB

That computer is not capable of running Redshift. It requires an Nvidia graphics card for a start, and 4 GB of video RAM...

CBR

• Topic Author
  • 47 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

That computer is not capable of running Redshift. It requires an Nvidia graphics card for a start, and 4 GB of video RAM...

CBR

Thanks. Do you know of any 3rd party plugins that my computer could handle? Such as octane maybe?

No. All GPU renders require powerful graphics cards costing hundreds, or even thousands of pounds - not the ones that come on motherboards in consumer laptops...

There are TPRs that run on the CPU, but unfortunately you don't have a very good one of those either, so performance would be unbearably slow.

If you want to check those out anyway, Vray and Arnold are the main choices there...

CBR

yeah that's not really a laptop thats going to render, your best bet is learing to use the hardware render in c4d. It can produce some surprisingly nice results. 

U-render might be an option, but i don't know if they have mac support yet. 

vray and arnold will be very slow for you. 

I use Corona on my macbook pro which works well and is very quick. Give it a trial to see how well it works with your specs.

With only 8gb RAM and an i5 processor you are going to find some limitations with whatever you pick though.

Cycles is very good and runs on CPU, Nvidia, and Radeon.  You can use it with CPU and switch to using a GPU for faster rendering later when you get a faster system.