Keven Zeni

Move tool stops working all of a sudden

Hey so I’m new to cinema 4d and I was working on a project yesterday and my move tool was working completely fine. But today when I opened up my project nothing seems to work right. I can move side to side fine but when I move back it warps the whole thing and my rotate tool isint working. Here’s a link to a video I made so you guys can have a better idea. 

Thank you!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3b3bf4wbjaoayjp/Video Apr 15%2C 5 47 04 PM.mov?dl=0

First of all, please can we have the right information in your profile, which isn't R19.053 demo. That is R20 demo you are using. Answers are often version-dependent and having wrong info there confuses the people you are asking to help you.

With Cinema, it is very important what is selected in the Object Manager, because of how it relates to where the action center is / how the navigation tools behave. 

In that video, you have a spline AND a camera selected, which I'd bet is what is confusing things. Try selecting just the spline and see if normal view behaviour works then.

If it still doesn't try the same again, but with some other single object selected (not a camera).

If that doesn't solve it, pls use Print Screen to upload a screenshot jpg that shows the whole screen at native resolution - it's very difficult to work out what's going on from that video alone.

CBR

OK, that screenshot shows you are viewing through the camera, yet the camera view cannot move because it is locked to whatever spline you have aligned it to via the Align to Spline Tag. If you come out of that camera (click white dot thing next to it in Object manager), select something else, you should be able to navigate normally.

Let me know if that's not the case, and if it isn't, then you will need to upload the whole scene file next, for further diagnostics...

CBR

14 hours ago, Cerbera said:

OK, that screenshot shows you are viewing through the camera, yet the camera view cannot move because it is locked to whatever spline you have aligned it to via the Align to Spline Tag. If you come out of that camera (click white dot thing next to it in Object manager), select something else, you should be able to navigate normally.

Let me know if that's not the case, and if it isn't, then you will need to upload the whole scene file next, for further diagnostics...

CBR

In addition, from the video, what you think is the control for "moving up and down" is actually the dolly/zoom control, which explains the forward/backward in/out stretching of the view. The first control icon with little arrows in four directions is the pan control (up/down/left/right).

• Like 1

Ah.. okay I think your camera is in 2D mode. Turn that off and you should get the controls back as normal.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.1c9f23c0e919b843770f2e81a193bccf.jpg

Omg, thank you guys, I don’t know what I was doing. I must of pressed a hot key or something that put it in 2d mode I’m not sure. Now it’s working fine. I appreciate all your guys help!!! Much love guys 

• Like 1
  • Namaste 1