Tesa Demiur

Camera path issues .

Hi,

Camera is rotating 180 degrees every 30 F when following a circle path around an object. It obviously rotates the object with it too.  Same behavior if I put it in a null. I need the object to remain in the same position. File attached, thank you for your help. 

Align to Circle.c4d

It's not very clear what you are trying to do, but I normally put the cam on the spline and the target tag on the cam - pointing at the object. You had the target tag on the null.

Align to Circle2.c4d

• Like 1

Hi Jed,

I was trying to go around the object in a circle path, but not having the camera rotate every 30F for unknown reason to me because it rotates the object also with it. Can you make the camera go around without rotating? I checked your file but I need the camera and the path as I showed it in my file. Thank you for your time.

So you mean avoiding the camera flipping (gimbal lock)? That's because you need an Up vector on your target

Align to Circle_Up.c4d

(you need to animate the slider for animation on the path on this one)

Animate_Slider.JPG

• Like 1

I was following an advice from another thread with the target on the null. It didn’t help anyway. First I had the target and the path tagged on the camera, but same behavior. 

Hi Vertex,

I need the camera to move around the object in a circle but not flipping 180 degrees every 30 frames, just like I showed in my file.  Why it does that I have no idea. Please take a look. Thank you.

Hey Tesa, please have a look  at the file above and let me know if I understood you correctly and if the file addresses your issue.

(To move the camera just animate the slider)

• Like 1

Yes this is what I need. Can you make the curve smooth so it will have a constant rotation without slowing down? Thank you.

That's your frame interpolation. You need to find your keyframe mode and make it linear instead of spline.

To find it quicker go to the Animate Layout and click the F (for F-Curve) view. It's in there

Best

• Like 1

Hi Vertex,

When you get a chance let me know why did you put the expresso tag on the camera. I’ve been trying to figure it out and can’t find the answer. Myself I only dragged the Up null into the target field and fixed the camera from rotating when goes around the object. I didn’t need the second object on the spline either. I’m sure it has a good reason but I can’t see it on my own. Thanks.

@Tesa Demiur if the camera's going round more than once, here's a little seamless looping dodge I use a lot

looper.png.00c910cf811eb8a757d4926fc45b24f6.png

modulo means count up to (but not including) and start over. Dividing this by the constant gives 0-100% repeating (actually 0 >> 1 in XP).

• Like 2