Sign in to follow this  
bentraje

[2nd] Muscular Base Body (Need Feedback)

1. yes, but front view looks weird. side view is fine. i think it's because the shoulders are to beefy compared to the chest. i'd make the chest a bit more beefy and the shoulders a bit less. also the thigh shape is a bit off...

2. the accents kinda work, but i think you should push it even further, exaggerate, make it more obvious..

• Like 1

I think side view looks weird too. Mass of arm increases in a very unnatural way and too much in comparison to the lower arm for me...

Also from the side, neck is too thin, and too thick from the front. But the greater problem about this, to my eye at least,  is the legs, which look like they might collapse under the weight of the rest of him - it's almost like they are from a different character... I guess he has to be muscle-bound everywhere to look right...

But I do like the hard accents, particularly on the chest bit... reminds me of an Oscar award...

CBR

The cuts for the deltoids look off especially, you can certainly have sharp cuts there, but the way it is now doesn't look great, also, personally, in opposition to what cerbera has said, if you're going to have such broad shoulders and upper body then i'd work on the v taper of the character and give him smaller, stubbier legs, and a smaller waist, to accentuate the stylised look more this would give a much nicer look to the overall character.

Are you going for a stylized/streamlined character. Your lines so far would have me think of this (which is not a bad thing at all obviously as long as it's intentional)

Yep, I do actually agree with @VECTOR despite my comments. Either his lower half needs to match the top bit proportionally, OR, if more cartoon-like proportions are OK, like he says, go totally the other way and really accentuate the difference ! My point was more to avoid the middle ground.

CBR

• Awesome 1

Hi All! Thanks for the response. 

Yes, I'm going after a stylized look. Looking at it now, I guess I need to make the legs a bit shorter (but not necessarily stubbier), as pointed above. The character just doesn't look like muscular with the smaller shoulders anymore compared to previous iteration. Wdythink? I'm happy with how the accentuated hard edge accents look in the chest but I'm not sure with the shoulder.

Also not sure with the other flow (red lines) of the silhouette. 
If you have time, can you look over the revised character below?

big_guy_second_update.jpg

The problem you have here is proportions, this is especially evident when you look at the deltoid in comparison to the bicep/tricep also the shape is off, either make the rest of the upper arm larger or make the deltoid smaller and less rounded at the bottom , the shoulders also look off from the front view, if you're going for the muscular look then these should be more rounded almost sphereical, might be an idea to take a look at some pictures of bodybuilders, so you can see better what I'm referring to, these are about as close to super heros/stylised proportions you're ever gonna get