Sign in to follow this  
gboutique

How do I create this?

Hi, I am looking to try and create two materials. One like the concrete you see with the pink bits on it, it does not have to be the pink part just the realistic concrete look. The second is is like the materials you see on the hexagon shape, any colour will do.

I am using R16 and standard GI or Physical Renderer.

Please can someone set up a quick material test so I can look through the channels to see how you set it up as I am struggling to get the realistic bumps / dents etc.

I hope you can help

Many Thanks

Ben

Colour_Fracture_A001.jpg

1495662684553.jpeg

Looks like a simple bump map from a seamless concrete image texture.  There should be basically 0 reflectivity and maybe the color channel has a little bit of the bump map texture.  Then maybe a subtle displacement with a soft noise to get the larger bumpiness you see in the circled area:

image.thumb.png.dcf4a47838252ce552ca28a35749da1b.png

• Topic Author
  • thanks for this, any chance you could upload a C4D scene file so I can look at how you set it up? Would really appreciate it if you can. cheers

Please update your profile to the correct version.

CBR

• Topic Author
  • do you know how to update your profile as it doesn't seem to give me an option to show what version I am on?

Visit your profile, then look for the Edit Profile button near the top right...

CBR

• Topic Author
  • ok have updated to the correct version of C4D, now can you help me please?? thanks again

Nate has already given you the information you are looking for hasn't he ?

CBR

• Topic Author
  • he did give an explanation but would love a shader to look at exactly how he says to set this up as wasn't totally sure what he meant. thanks

You don't need someone to make you a shader, this is very simple. Go find a hi-res seamless concrete texture online, load it into the bump channel of your material, and turn the level down to 5% or lower. Make your color channel the colour you want, and perhaps load the concrete texture in there too where you can overlay or add some percentage of it to the colour. You could also put a slightly darker version of your colour inside a subsurface scattering shader, which would go in your luminance channel. Combine that with a light behind the object, and you should get that very soft feel. You can also set your material type to Oren-Nayar (also colour channel) for a softer falloff.

CBR

Sorry I didn't respond earlier, but if my description and @Cerbera's didn't make sense to you, I recommend watching some basic tutorials on materials in C4D.

i made a series of tutorial on materials, i think it should get you most of the way there: https://ace5studios.com/materials101/