8 hours ago, Anthony Owen said:

ShaderMap 4 can convert a normal map to displacement (height) map.

Thanks for the information, but it's more to import a lowres OBJ and a hires OBJ and then bake the difference to a displacement map for the lowres OBJ. Nevertheless I have to have a look at ShaderMap 4, as it looks interesting as well.

On 6/10/2019 at 3:28 PM, Visionnext said:

Some of the JCMs are quite useful as they correct deformations or can be used for bulging muscles.

I'd love to bake the hires OBJ into a B&W displacement map. Just don't know, how to do that.

I meant to do that in Cinema (bake high poly object into normal maps for low poly object).

4 hours ago, Marander said:

I meant to do that in Cinema (bake high poly object into normal maps for low poly object).

So you suggest to bake a normal map and convert it to a displacement map afterwards.

I thought of something Toby is showing here:

Not sure if it will work with the DAZ character meshes and their UVs to bake / raycast from the high-res OBJ to the low-res FBX but I will eventually try it out.

However for my purpose just applying the DAZ normal maps was sufficient and worked out fine so far. If you have the DAZ Alembic exporter, it will save out all required maps (Reflection, Subsurface, Normals, Bumps etc.) of all objects at once.

• Namaste 1

13 hours ago, Marander said:

I thought of something Toby is showing here:

Not sure if it will work with the DAZ character meshes and their UVs to bake / raycast from the high-res OBJ to the low-res FBX but I will eventually try it out.

However for my purpose just applying the DAZ normal maps was sufficient and worked out fine so far. If you have the DAZ Alembic exporter, it will save out all required maps (Reflection, Subsurface, Normals, Bumps etc.) of all objects at once.

Thanks a lot. This looks quite helpful. I really would love to work with Subdivision 2 models and put the rest to displacement, normal and bump. The Bake texture tag seems to be able to produce displacement maps as well. It was addressed here already

There seems to be a way to Bake Objects in the Object Manager/Objects/Bake Objects as well. I just have to play around a bit :) Seems I'm on the right track now.

• Like 1